Best Preparation for BE?

EventingMad

Visit site
Well i'm planning to do our first BE Intro this time next season hopefully a tad earlier if i get myself in to gear!
blush.gif
tongue.gif

Was just wondering what sort of prep you gave your horse before your first event and also What sort of scores would you be wanting at Prelim? Here’s some info on Dylan.

Dylan is a 16.2hh TB 6yr old so far we have only managed to do 1 Clear round SJ which he coped very well with. Due to me working and not organising myself very well i’ve not done a huge amount with him. Now i'm free so planning to do a lot this summer with him doing a Prelim in a week’s time. He has got nice even paces nothing extravagant so trying to get him to open out a lot more. His Jumping is up to scratch i would say jumping 3-3'3 ft with various fillers spreads etc ,i would say just need more experience with jumping in a arena.XC Schooling with him in a few weeks time so will give you my reaction to that if I’m still alive!
crazy.gif
tongue.gif

Sorry for a very random and rambling post!

Hattikins

Visit site
For an intro to get a competitive score in the dressage of usually between 28 and 35 you need to be getting 65% + in prelim dressage, but intro level dressage is a lower difficulty than prelim dressage.

I would just make sure that Dylan has had plenty of XC schooling and jumped some more SJing round with fillers etc. at 90cm. They dont need to be super fit for intro as the XC time is not fast. Just generally all round fit
smile.gif
Just go out and enjoy it is the main thing
grin.gif
As long as you feel you and Dylan are well prepared and have enough experience you will be fine
wink.gif

EventingMad

Visit site
Thank you Hattikins!
Yeap will do plenty of XC schooling it's handy we've got a very local centre which runs SJ events every couple of weeks so will get plenty of experience with that.I have a strange feeling we won't be struggling to make the time then!
crazy.gif
blush.gif
laugh.gif

Just looking to enjoy our first one and gain experience at o ur first few events and then if all goes well move up to PN.
grin.gif

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Do as many hunter trials, x.c. schooling, p.c. odes as possible, the more he sees the less daunting an intro will be. For the s.j just make sure that you're confident over 90cm/95cm