Best (Quiet!) Battery Operated Clippers

SWE

Visit site
Recommendations please!

Looking for some battery operated clippers that aren't too wimpy, but are nice and quiet.

Nasicus

Visit site
I like my liveryman elements, probably sound akin to a pair of home hair clippers. Not much to look at, but I can do and have done a full clip on my thick, greasy-coated yak/cob with them and got a good finish, just takes a while. However they do have the option to be plugged in to the mains too, so if you have electric then you're laughing.
I tend to use them for awkward angles/crevices (under the tail, armpits etc) and legs, but I do also use them to tidy up any rough spots left by my Lister Libertys.

Edit:
Re: Jules, they're certainly good, but I wouldn't say they're exactly quiet. Not as loud as some, can definitely use them without ear protection, but I suppose it depends how quiet is quiet to OP :)

SWE

Visit site
Nasicus, I actually have a the Livery Element's but I wouldn't say they're big/powerful enough to do a whole horse? I use them as trimmers, which they're great as. Surprised you've managed to clip a whole greasy cob with them!

PoniesRock

Visit site
I’ve got the liveryman harmony plus clippers. They are great, really quiet and battery is in the handset so no wire. However, they wouldn’t cope with too much clipping. I only have 2 to clip, and wouldn’t do one after the other. Both horses have fluffy coats rather than thick coarse coats. But they are nearly silent which is why I bought them as I have a nervous Connie and she’s happy to let me clip her ears out with these 👍

HBB

Visit site
I have the Heiniger Xplorer clippers too and love them. They are quiet, light, battery lasts easily for a full clip and batteries charge very quickly.

Nasicus

Visit site
Nasicus, I actually have a the Livery Element's but I wouldn't say they're big/powerful enough to do a whole horse? I use them as trimmers, which they're great as. Surprised you've managed to clip a whole greasy cob with them!
Weird, I find them to be pretty great, and she's always been a greasy coated woolly mammoth year round haha! I'd hate to imagine the strain I put on the internals doing so (hence why I've only done a full clip once with them), but I regularly use them to do a trace clip + legs on her!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The Liveryman Harmony clippers are surprisingly powerful and are very quiet and manoeuvrable. I like being able to snap between the wide blades and the narrow ones. They are well up to trimming the legs and beard of my hairy IDx, and I'm sure they'd manage a full clip fine.
I also have the Heinger XPlorers, which are also very good but are larger, more powerful and not as quiet than the Harmony's. I do my full clips with the XPlorers.
I have a knackered back, so I need the flexibility of both sets to help save it :oops:.

Visit site
Another vote for the Liveryman Harmony cordless clippers. My last pony was terrified of clippers but he was fine with these as they were quiet running. Nice size in your hand and lightweight too, quick release blades and dont heat up quickly. I love them!

conniegirl

Visit site
I have the liveryman harmony plus' and they manage absolutly fine for full clips on Irish Mud Monsters and Welsh Dragons!

I bought them because the Irish lout needed something nearly silent, when we turned a pair of normal clippers on outside his stable he paniced, reared up and put his head through the clear panel of the roof.
He stood reasonably well for a full clip with the Harmonys and was done regularly throughout the winter and sometimes in late summer too. Irish lout had a god awful coat!

I recently did my new welsh pony with them (pony is fine with any clippers but dont see the point in buying different ones) and again they coped absolutly fine and did a beautiful job.

The one watchout I have is that they are pretensioned blades and when you buy new blades the they are not always tensioned very well at all. I normally take them to my sharpener before I attempt to clip with them and he adjusts them for me FOC if I go to him.