best respiratory supplement?

**Vanner**

Visit site
Hi all.

My friend has a vetran heavy who has a little copd. she has previously used global herbs to help her through the winter. Was just wondering what others have used and if any are better than global herbs?

ThePony

Visit site
as above! Tried naf ones and found no difference, def an improvement with the winergy one. No idea what is it in that is different (am usually v cynical about stuff like this!), but we certainly noticed her symptoms flare up less on it.

Triskar

Visit site
Tried Respimins and Respadril with no effect - my 23 year old has suffered with COPD for 15 years but he became really poorly after his vaccination this summer, and was unable to work due to his lack of lung function.

The only thing that has helped my old boy is the Respiratory Horslyx - he hasn't coughed AT ALL since three days after being given it about six weeks ago, he's back in work and has just started cantering again (it now takes a short uphill canter before he blows his nose to clear his tubes). My OH believes it works because he licks it for about 20 minutes at a time, which means that he is breathing in the eucalyptus and menthol in it, and it's actually getting into his lungs to clear them, rather than just eating something and hoping. It apparently also includes minerals and other stuff to support the respiratory system - it only matters to me that it works!

Yes I know it's made of molasses toffee and that people disapprove of feeding sugar (although grass and hay have plenty of sugar in them), but it doesn't heat up any of my horses - the rest are all on the basic lick now instead of a pelleted feed balancer because it makes them happy when they're in - it's like a hard feed that lasts hours to eat, it gives them a very shiny coat and it is so easy. And I have an entire winter's supply of feed in a very small space stacked in the barn along with their hay.