best rug for small horse with big shoulders?

Halfstep

Visit site
Can anyone kindly recommend a winter turnout that will fit in the back without restricting and rubbing giant shoulders? I usually like Fals, but they are not darted and I think they might be restrictive.

Thankies.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Not weatherbeeta! they aren't very generous in the shoulder area, I'd probably have a look at the masta range
laugh.gif

kat
xx

Halfstep

Visit site
Weatherbeetas don't fit him at all, I'm afraid. My experience of Mastas hasn't been great in the past, but I have heard that their new range is excellent. The one R-R bought looks stunning! Haven't thought about Kingshead - will see if I can find their heavyweight range. Maybe Mark Todds?

Thanks everyone!

RachelB

Visit site
I had the Mark Todds on my 14.1hh 6' Welsh Cob with big shoulders, everything else rubbed her but these didn't, were fab and fitted well. My 15.3hh 6'6" ID X with big, broad, angular shoulders came with two 7' Amigos, they didn't rub or slip despite the size (looked like a horsey dressing gown!). I thought I had better buy her some properly sized rugs so got a Weatherbeeta Landa which didn't fit at all, and then bought two Mark Todds. The lw MT (haven't tried the mw yet, too warm) rubs her a bit, but I imagine anything would with her pointy shoulders! If I was made of money I'd buy her a lw 6'6" Amigo and see if that rubbed.
Anyway what I'm saying in a very long-winded and round about sort of way is that for big shouldered beasts I'd reccommend the Mark Todds, have heard the Amigos are good, Fals are good (6'3" one fitted my girl perfectly), but I wouldn't bother with Weatherbeetas.
laugh.gif
have fun rug shopping!