Best rugs for TB’s with big shoulders

Dizzle

Visit site
I’ve got a little 16hh sprinter type tb, every rug I own seems to rub his shoulders (with a Bossy Bib) and as we’ve just moved to out 24/7 I think I need to invest in some new rugs as he’s going to be a lot more active in them and in them for longer.

So far I’ve been recommended Premier Equine rugs and Weatherbeta.

be positive

Visit site
Another for Weatherbeeta, they are big in the shoulder and the freestyle does open well with movement, as it should, not all rugs seem to have it in the right place.

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
My turnouts are Rambo, and I've not had rubbed shoulders with them. They are my favourite brand, for fit and quality. I have some wetherbeta stable rugs which I like and are a good fit on TBs too.

I find cheaper brands are the ones to avoid. I don't like Masta, Saxon, or Loveson rugs.

I also don't like anything that stretches, ie fleeces or thermatex and I only use those for very short periods of time if needing to cool down, etc.

MuddyTB

Visit site
Another one for Weatherbeeta, my 16.1 TB has big shoulders and has 2 freestyle weatherbeetas. They don't rub him at all.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
My TB has a Shires rug which I'm very pleased with. She also has Amigo rugs but they needed to be in a bigger size than the Shires. She is a NH TB, if you want to see her build to compare to your horse, look in my photo albums in my profile, she is the dark bay/brown horse.

gillianclaude

Visit site
Another recommendation for Premier Equine. My horse goes all winter in his PE rugs, and they fit him really well! He has a Weatherbeeta as an in-between rug, and that is also a good fit. Masta's are really good on him too.

Sorry, 3 different brands :rolleyes: but I'd definitely try PE first if you can.

forestfantasy

Visit site
Another for Weatherbeeta freestyles here!
Not found a horse yet that they don't fit - all 3 of ours have them.
My fine AAxWB - My chunky sec a & my friends large IDxTB :)

Dizzle

Visit site
I've been VERY naughty and have ordered a sparkly new Weatherbeeta M/W with neck.

His current M/W is rubbing badly after a week out, even with a bossy bib so I had to really. Will be sticking all my Masta's on ebay in a couple of weeks to try and re-coup the funds!