Best sized horsebox for tricky loader?

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
So, I am hoping to compete again within the next month. I am also looking for a horsebox of my own again.

Will is a tricky loader - not scared at all, but goes on when he likes despite 'coaxing' on my part.

Which sized horsebox should I go for? I would like a 3.5t as normally only go out on my own etc. I've had a 7.5t before but had a different horse then. Question is, what's best for the horse?

Thoughts / suggestions please :)

be positive

Visit site
I think it depends on why they are tricky to load and how they prefer to travel, the 3.5 will usually have a lower ramp with rear or forward travelling some prefer this but they may feel more restricted if the ramp is narrow.
A 7.5 will be steeper for loading but easier usually to turn when they are in and gives more options on how they travel.
Either way a bright interior with plenty of headroom and a safe sturdy ramp will make the lorry more inviting for most horses. I have a 7.5 with a fairly steep ramp, it is very light and has extra head room inside, every horse I have travelled cant wait to get in and they travel very well.

Puffin

Visit site
I'm not sure its the size that matters :p:, as will says its why they are tricky to load.
In my experience width and length of the space they travel in is as important if not more so to the height. One tricky loader was much better when we took one of the partitions out of the back and gave her a very long diagonal stall. Another difficult loader was a changed horse when we took the partition out of the trailer.
Just a couple of suggestions.
In your situation I'd go with the 3.5 and take the partition out, also make sure he doesn't have a solid door in front of his front feet so he can step forward (and back again) under the breast bar.