Best soundproof ears

Nickyhorse89

Visit site
Hi everyone

I have an easily distracted ex racer who mainly reacts to noise to get out of work. He is currently in the le mieux acoustic ears which have helped to focus him massively, but he has shaken them off along with his bridle on a few occasions!

Has anyone else had this problem with these ears? Is there another brand I can try that stay put?

Thanks

Floxie

Visit site
I've heard a few people complain about that (they certainly don't have a lot of real estate holding them under the headpiece) which is presumably why they come with some thread to sew to the bridle - although that's no fun to have to do that every time. I think if mine were coming off I'd sooner sew a bit of fabric and velcro to them, or thread some yarn through the crochet holes to tie around the headpiece - a bit less fiddly than sewing!

Nickyhorse89

Visit site
I've heard a few people complain about that (they certainly don't have a lot of real estate holding them under the headpiece) which is presumably why they come with some thread to sew to the bridle - although that's no fun to have to do that every time. I think if mine were coming off I'd sooner sew a bit of fabric and velcro to them, or thread some yarn through the crochet holes to tie around the headpiece - a bit less fiddly than sewing!

Would it not still come off with the bridle if I tie it? It seems the ears have no staying power and fly off slipping the bridle with it. Luckily he hasn't done it whilst I'm riding just mainly when I'm tacking up and once after I go off still in the school.

I will give that a go though, I did see the tiny bit of thread but as you said very fiddly.
Thanks

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site

I haven’t seen these ears but I had a look at the website photos.
Is the soundproofing material making the ears heavy?
Perhaps as suggested above Velcro on narrow tape to fix round the headpiece and also in front and behind the browband. 6 pieces in all and a fiddle to fit. Use chalk to mark the places and measure the length of tape needed.
If it works it will be worth it each time your ex-racer does not react to sound.

VRIN

Visit site
I have these and they don't fly off even when the horse shakes his head. I put the surplus crochet under the head piece, make sure its tucked under at the corners, and the front under the brow band and it seems to be fairly stable

Nickyhorse89

Visit site
Thank you, I'll try the velcro. Just such a pain when I've tacked up and he throws them off and the constant worry that I'll be bridleless mid ride eep.

BOWS28

Visit site
I have these and they don't fly off even when the horse shakes his head. I put the surplus crochet under the head piece, make sure its tucked under at the corners, and the front under the brow band and it seems to be fairly stable

Me too, i've never had an issue with them coming off! They fit both of mine beautifully.