Best sun cream for horses?

liannexsx

Visit site
My 2 year old filly has a touch of sunburn already :(
thought before i order a new bottle, if anyone uses anything thats good and stays on?
she's quite difficult to get it on and she's mahoosive and i'm wee so ideally something thats stays on! last year i used banana boat etc, really just used highest factor i could get and she was ok but there may well be something better out there...
thank you x

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
yep - kids factor 50 - get the long lasting one... new one on the market now (blue one) looks like it may last the longest. Off to get a bottle of that when my old one runs out.

hudsonw

Visit site
Deffo recommend the kids sun sticks. They are really high factors, very thick, creamy and waterproof so stay on for ages, they come in bright colours so you know where you have put it and as they in a stick and not a cream you don't get it all over your hands, clothes, feet, grass, bottle etc etc!!!

You can get them in Boots, most supermarkets but the cheapest I've found are on Ebay. I paid £3.00 (inc postage!!) for 2 sticks and that lasts me nearly 2 months!!!

bumblelion

Visit site
I tend to swap brands but so long as they're kids factor 50+ and they're waterproof they all seem okay, I just go with whatever has the best offer on! Never tried the sticks, may give them a go, especially the coloured ones as I can see the benefit of them actually!!

K27

Visit site
Have tried various ones, last week in the heatwave i bought some Tesco's own factor 50 for £2.97 which was a bargain! and it has worked brilliantly on 2 of mine that have very pink noses!

liannexsx

Visit site
Just bought a stick of boots own factor 50. She was happy to get that on. Normally we are running backward from cream! And I'm clean!!! Only thing was it's clear but so easy to put on it didn't matter. And it was bog of so two for a fiver :)