Best supplement for bone growth/joint support?

EllieBeast

Visit site
Hi guys, after my horse was diagnosed with a fractured fetlock today im looking for anything that might aid her recovery! She is on pen rest with no bute to try and keep her quiet but any suggestions v much welcome! Im looking at Newmarket joint supplement at the mo- any experience with this or suggestions for anything else would be gratefully received!

I.M.N.

Visit site
Oh your poor horse. I'm not sure if this is much help but my hunter has a bone spavin and after trying various joint supplements with very little success I put him on a generous cup of Micronised Linseed a day and it's made a phenomenal difference. He's gone from coming out of his stable on 3 legs at least once a week to not once that I can remember since he's been on the linseed. I've never looked into the science of it but it works wonders for my boy. Obviously a bone spavin is completely different from a fracture but it's cheap as chips so no harm in trying.

Fuzzypuff

Visit site
Mine is recovering from a tibial crest fracture. I have him on Suppleaze Gold and Equi Elements, as well as some micronised linseed. I wanted to try everything! He is healing well but I can't say what it's down to, I don't really care I just want him better!

EllieBeast

Visit site
Hi, thanks for the replies :). I have fed micronised linseed to my youngster for a while, hadn't thought about it for the old girl as I need to avoid weight gain. But in a maintenance dose of 50g or so she should be fine, so thanks for that!
Fuzzypuff, I do like the look of supplease gold- im the same as you, happy to try anything that might help!
Thanks again! I think the key is just to keep her quiet and be patient now hoping she heals up well, we are back for more xrays in 4 weeks so anything to help between now and then is v much welcomed!! Good luck with your horses too.

I.M.N.

Visit site
I give my hunter around 100g a day even through his summer hols and I wouldn't say it has much effect on his weight.