Best Supplement for Older Horse

Lotsoflemons

Visit site
Hi Im looking for a supplement for my older mare thats not too expensive, shes Just turned 21 but still hacking out a few days a week and shes very happy, she does have a bit of arthirtis due to her age and having winter off so Im trying to build back muscle on her, She has previously beeon on Yumove but that is becoming quite expensive Ive seen Dodson and Horrells Mobility supplement which Im interested in also if anyone has any reviews on that too thanks

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
My elderly mare was on Dodson and Horrells Mobility for a while, then I ran out and wasn't able to get to the shop to buy one for a couple of weeks and didn't really notice any difference, so stopped buying it. It wasn't especially cheap, a tub cost about the same as a bag of feed.

Orangehorse

Visit site
Its hardly cheap, but the local vet recommends feeding elderly horses the Top Spec Senior balancer. I put mine on it last spring as his coat wouldn't come out despite grooming, bathing, etc.

After going onto Top Spec his summer coat came through and he looked nice and shiny. He only had chaff otherwise, so although it is pricey, I didn't buy different feeds and supplements.