best time of year to sell?

H-J

www.piczo.com
Definitely wait till after christmas no one wants to buy a horse just before xmas, most people dont want the hassle or have the money.

I think Spring/summer is the best time to sell.

fairhill

Visit site
I sold my last one the end of Nov and bought current horse on the 21st Dec
laugh.gif

It worked well for me as I was off work over xmas so could make sure she settled in.

There's always buyers around for a good 'un.

Tia

Visit site
Not necessarily; people do purchase certain horses in the winter - if you have a hunter or a jumper then lots are looking to compete during the winter season.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Dito Samp i buy sell winterish (tend to alittle before just so i can give them more fuss before the dark winter nights *Need know hes not going to kill me before I do things in dark(!)* This way horse is well settled and and bond can form before the showing season etc. Also time to play about with him get him right. A good horse will sell anytime and more importantly a good home will buy anytime!

Taboo1968

Visit site
I agree with everything that has been said, apart from the reply about waiting till after xmas.... good horses sell and good owners will buy no matter what time of the year - look at us - we've just bought again and that means no xmas pressies for the next 20 years I'm afraid, not sure if birthdays are out too, but hey who cares!