Best tips, products and ideas for woolies!!

Lydiamae

Visit site
As above!!

Mane is currently about 9 inches long on my cob as when he came it was in such poor condition it had to go short to grow back. Doing OK now but the ends are still wispy and a bit thin I plan to grow it long and traditional, along with his tail and feathers.

Those who have plenty of experience with this, what do you do to care for your woollies long, luscious fluffy bits? Especially over the winter.

TIA xx

sychnant

Visit site
When mine was out on the fields over winter (clay soil!) I used pig oil on his mane and feather, and washed and reapplied once a week. I kept him rugless as much as possible to avoid mane rub.

We now have a surfaced turnout area so I don't bother doing anything much to be honest :)

This is him:

ML2_1166_zpsilrpq1ti.jpg

blitznbobs

Visit site
I'm a great believer in neglect and turning out as much as possible - my boy gets much more dirty in the stable. I don't like pig oil and sulphur as both components are carcinogenic but will use coconut oil which smells lovely and gives soft mane. I use supreme white powder and a bucket full of sparkle spray on feather for shows...