Best tool for mucking out chopped rapeseed bedding?

TreeDog

Visit site
I'm thinking of using chopped rape seed straw for bedding this winter, probably bed soft bio as that's what my local store sells. I've only used straw before but hate how dusty it is.

What's the best kind of fork to use for rape seed bedding? Gelding is quite tidy in stable, usually poos around the edge and pees in about the same place in the middle. I'll probably be removing wet once a week. I'm thinking of getting one of these - https://harryhall.com/vplast-indestructible-shavings-fork-size-one-size-black - but if anyone has any better suggestions please let me know :)

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I use a metal shavings fork-mainly because thats what I had and am too tight to buy something else. It is annoying on chopped straw though-not sure if there is anything better.

TreeDog

Visit site
Are fynalite forks metal then? What makes you prefer them? I can get back troubles so was thinking lightweight would be better

Batgirl

Visit site
IMO the problem with the light ones are that they are harder to 'stick in' as they don't have the natural weight and sharpness. In my experience with rape bedding a metal fork works best as it compacts quite easily.

forever broke

Visit site
I had this bedding for a few years until my stable started flooding and it soaked up all the flood and ruined the bed every time it rained - it was just too good! I used the noble outfitters wave fork on it and found that the best - I tried a few other types before I settled on that one