Best treats/licks/things to spoil your horse with

soph15

Visit site
I heartbreakingly lost my 28 year old pony very recently and my other horse is now alone and is very lonely and miserable. I’m trying to sort something so he can have a temporary friend until I find another horse but I don’t want to rush into buying during covid as I want to be able to view and enjoy the process without all the lockdown restrictions.

In the meantime I’m looking to spoil my lovely horse with some licks and new treats etc to keep him occupied and was wondering what tasty ones everyone recommends?

Thanks in advance ?

soph15

Visit site
So sorry about your pony btw. It’s so sad and difficult to loose a special one x

Thank you, it’s been really tough as he was my first pony and I was so lucky to have him until he was 28 but you never expect to lose them abruptly?I’m now searching for the impossible as it seems every horse I find for sale at the moment gets bought unseen due to covid! ?

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I had a dengie field lick which my boys enjoyed! It’s not at sticky and sugary as a lot of the other licks on the market. What about a hay ball? Also silvermoore swingers went down a treat with mine! And I felt better knowing that if they pigged on it at least it’s forage rather than sugary stuff!

ponios

Visit site
Bizzy bites are fab, I like that they can have the ick on the floor. Also hay swingers, although one of mine did work out how to scoff quickly after a few weeks of box rest!

QueenBella

Visit site
Sorry to hear about your pony x

I'm currently using equerry minty treats in the Shires Ball feeder and its great to keep them occupied. The Horslyx ones are lovely too, all horses love them!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
A treat ball keeps my cob occupied for quite a while with Agrobs Haycobs (her usual feed) inside. Her companion can empty one in a very short time, though, as she works it out, while cob just attacks it and makes it rattle.

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I'm sorry for your loss. How about those small forage blocks? I think some of them contains vits and minerals and last quite a long time, so good in terms of how long they last and also not too many calories if that's a consideration.

Uliy

Visit site
Bizzy licks are great! My mare has no interest in likits but loves her bizzy. Horslyx are also incredibly popular at my yard!

throwawayaccount

Visit site
so sorry for your loss :(

as others have said, the small equilibrium munch blocks are great, treat ball helps a lot too. apple bobbing is a really nice idea too

carrots stuck through/wedged through the holes in a filled haynet? all the way around it :)