Best turned out class - what shirt to wear?

{108361}

Visit site
I'm doing my first best turned out class at my local show this weekend and not sure what shirt to wear.... I literally own no shirts so will need to get something.

I'm wearing beige jods, green tweed jacket with navy tie but not sure if a white shirt will look 'wrong'. Would cream be better or will that look sort of 'dirty'? Pale blue might look nice with the check of my tweed jacket but again, not sure....

Such an insignificant question really but I want to get it right (and win)!

maisie06

Visit site
Cream or light yellow won't be as harsh as white, what colour tie will you have? I used to have a green tweed jaket with a red detail running through, yellow shirt and a burgundy tie, check the colours in your Tweed and match your shirt to that. I bought my shirt in Sainsburys mens section for a fraction of the price of a show shirt!

{108361}

Visit site
Cream or light yellow won't be as harsh as white, what colour tie will you have? I used to have a green tweed jaket with a red detail running through, yellow shirt and a burgundy tie, check the colours in your Tweed and match your shirt to that. I bought my shirt in Sainsburys mens section for a fraction of the price of a show shirt!
Thanks. My tie is navy, to match the navy velvet collar of my jacket. The jacket is green with a pale blue line running through the check so I think I will try and find a pale blue shirt. Was going to buy a cheap shirt from H and M or look in the charity shops - the equestrian shirts are well over priced in my opinion....then again Im a cheapskate!

3OldPonies

Visit site
If (sorry to be personal and for assuming you are female) you don't have a massive bust, try boys school shirts, cheap as chips and the collars often fit ladies better than men's shirts. Also not too bulky to tuck in or have under a fitted jacket.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Thanks everyone - I'm going to go for pale blue and the school shirts idea was a great one - I already wear children jods as I'm small so I'm sure kids shirts will fit and just seen one for £3!

Another vote for school shirts, then when you get pony gop all down it, you can chuck it without wincing at how much you spent! My showing trousers were 75p from the Heart Foundation shop!

Polos

Visit site
The feather duster trick is good but I found you need to wash it a couple of times with them otherwise it’s still quite ‘white’