Best turnouts for Welsh As these days?

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Our little herd is generally un-rugged these days (live out 24/7 with shelter) but we welcomed a lovely little loan pony, Welsh Sec A, in late March (companion). He is pretty old, late 20s I guess, and came with just a lightweight turnout but feels the cold. Wednesday was 28C and blazing sun and today is 12C and torrential rain... I've put him inside for a while as he was very chilled.

After he arrived I bought a second lightweight turnout for him and a fleece, which has come in handy today, but I'd like to get him a better wardrobe to be prepared and I'm not familiar with rugs for ponies these days! The rug he came with fits quite well but I can't see a brand on it and the Shires Typhoon Lite I bought him is just a little tight in the front IMO, not too bad but not optimum. The fleece rug was secondhand, unbranded, and by contrast that is too big in the front. They are all 4'9".

What do your chunky little Welshies wear?

TGM

Visit site
Maxima Equestrian turnout rugs are great for this type of pony. They have fully adjustable front fastenings so you can get a good fit at the front. They are all 1200 denier too and reasonably priced.

windand rain

Visit site
Not found anything that fits my dartmoor they are all massive round the front or if going down in size too short. He is 12.1 and broad but still doesnt fit in the neck. Section a is in a ccheap and cheerful rug but cannot quite remeber the brand it looks like weatherbeeta but is a cheaper version Rhinegold it just came to me

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Thanks everybody, really helpful. @windand rain, I hear you! He's sort of chunky but with a sway back at this point, not much muscle, and the fleece rug swamps him in the chest but you wouldn't want it shorter lengthwise. I think the rug he came with might be something like a Rhinegold and that is the best of the bunch so far.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Tell you what I have got actually and really love, it gets worn to death in winter and is adjustable round the front is a Masta climate masta. I have the 100g combo and bought it because it was one of the few small 1000d turnouts I could find at the time. If they do LW versions I’d definitely recommend that

TwyfordM

Visit site
Is yours a chunky or slight type? I keep looking at the 50g amigos. I’d like a 50g but they seem few and far between

Finer side, but she has been on the solid side before all the Cushings issues started and still fit nicely then. They fit my chunky Welsh d nicely too

Attachments

• EE43E48B-2B5D-4E88-A70B-A890A2C190F0.jpeg
    EE43E48B-2B5D-4E88-A70B-A890A2C190F0.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 3

Haniki

Visit site
Rhino pony rugs are nice too. I had a combination of these and Shires for 2 section a ponies. Both took a 4'9" but were different shapes. The Amigo stable rugs and fly rugs fitted but oddly not the turn outs.