Best type of electric fencing

JaneSteventon

Visit site
Hello I need to buy some electric fencing to fence of a large area of dangerous fencing on a rented field. However i have no clue as to the best way of powering the fencing and i am finding it all a bit confusing. Can anyone help?

miller

Visit site
You either need to run it from Mains supply if one is near enough or from a battery. Either way you will need the relveant energiser (depending on power supply), an earth stake (has to be earthed) some form of electirc fencing - tape, rope or high tensile wire and some way of holding it up - plastic electric fence stakes, wooden stakes with insulators.

We've just bought enough to do our 3.5 acre field with 2 strands of tape.

Stakes (plastic) - around £1 each for 4ft high
Energiser £96
Tape £48 per 200m of 40mm tape
Battery (already had, leisure batteries approx £40)

Try Paddock Perfection or Farm Care UK on ebay

parsley

Visit site
I got a good energiser from ebay for £50 - it was £99 in the shops - as has been said paddock perfection and farm care do good deals on rope etc. My energiser is running off my old car battery - it wasnt quite up to starting my car regularly but it is fine on the fence

Claireg9

Visit site
Id suggest not to get the rope fencing as its not easily visible. Either way before putting it on its best to tie some plastic bags to the fence or something that flaps a little so they know the perimter is there!
Up our yard its all run off the mains but battery is just as good, but its best to have a spare so as when one needs charging the other can be put on!

L

lilym

you will need and energiser unit - mains, without a doubt, is the best way to go, no worries with batteries! if you have to go for a battery unit, go for one of the more powerful ones, especially as you have a long run to do, i would suggest using a leisure/marine battery as they are designed to be constantly run down and recharged, unlike car batteries