Best Ulcer supplement and calmer please

SarahM

Visit site
Hello looking for suggestions

My horse was diagnosed with grade 4 ulcers (literally had barely any symptoms)

He's had 8 weeks of treatment and on second scope the ulcers are 65% better so that's a good sign. He is having another 4 weeks treatment, has haylage throughout the day and grass turnout at night.

I always make sure he eats prior to exercise, but am looking for a supplement for the ulcers for when the treatment ends.

He does get anxious and stressed so thinking a calmer may be a good idea too, so i'd be greatful for any suggestions of ulcer supplements and calmers?

Thanks very much :)

pixie27

Visit site
I used NutriSciences GastroCare. Worked very well and comes highly recommended by Dr Richard Hepburn of B&W Vets - regarded as one of the leading vets into ulcers. I tried the Science Supplement Gastro one and made no difference at all.

Tim's Girl

Visit site
a lot of people use Protexin Gut balancer or the acid ease. Mine has just come off a gastric aid recomended by the vet and ingredients were simailar to acid ease. I'm now trialling the science supplements gastrokind as recomended by several people on the fb ulcer group. however i'm really liking the look of the ron fields. was told to avoid haylege and feed hay due to the fermenting process in hayledge but the is contrasting advice out there on that. i've also over halled my horses diet and am now starting him on thunderbrook and agrobs feeds. these maybe more expensive to feed but as i wont need as many supplements works out alot cheaper for me.

Bells

New User
Visit site
Hackup Bespoke will be able to help. All products are made for each individual horse, hand made and preservative free. I used it for my mare after her stomach ucler treatment ended and it was amazing! Happy horse again :)

mynutmeg

Visit site
I'm a big fan of Hilton Herbs Gastrix. The ones that reduce acid levels are generally not great as you can get rebound increase in acid levels. The gastrix is based on increasing the mucus that lines the stomach which protects the lining from the acid