Best underwear for riding in (men)!

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
Does anyone know what is the best type of undewear for men to ride in? I have a friend who is erm, well proportioned in the manly bits department and he is just learning to ride but is finding it a bit uncomfortable. I said I'd try to find out what he should wear to make things a bit less painful! Hope someone can help
smirk.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know what is the best type of undewear for men to ride in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep ! Clean
grin.gif
You never know when you might end up in A&E
wink.gif

Seriously though....I find wrapping it around my waist a couple of times does the trick.....i'm not actually overweight....it just looks like it
tongue.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though....I find wrapping it around my waist a couple of times does the trick.....i'm not actually overweight....it just looks like it
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
blush.gif
RAMBO!!!!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Boxers are a definite NoNo.
Underwear has to be tight and have a wide support area with no escape hatches.
Normal mens briefs (not Y fronts) work well.

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
Thank you they are the ones that I've been looking at. It's quite fun searching actually! I just wondered if anyone had any personal recommendations from husbands/boyfriends (or themselves of course if they have all the right bits)!!
grin.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Rambo- Only a couple of times? and there I was thinking you were a real man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larger waist than average
wink.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you they are the ones that I've been looking at. It's quite fun searching actually! I just wondered if anyone had any personal recommendations from husbands/boyfriends (or themselves of course if they have all the right bits)!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]If you can't get anything *ahem* protective enough.. perhaps try looking for padded cycling shorts like these....

launch%20black.jpg

Obv you can get them with varying amounts of padding!!!

pottamus

Visit site
Brilliant....are we regretting asking the question now!!!! Won't get many serious responses on here with so many women with idle hands!!!!!!!!!!LOL! Only joking!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Ahh No escape hatches *RATFLMFAO*

[/ QUOTE ]

No look here young lady. I was trying to offer serious advice based on 42 years of experience.
To appreciate the severity of this problem I suggest you obtain a pair of Y fronts (preferably clean ones). Cut your finger in several places to increase sensitivity. Place said finger (or your whole arm in Rambo's case) through said escape hatch. Now trap tightly against another peice of material to simulate jods. Bounce around at 120bpm for 5 mintes to experience how serious the problem is on an XC course. It will seriously ruin your day.
You think you women have problems Hah!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No look here young lady. I was trying to offer serious advice based on 42 years of experience.
To appreciate the severity of this problem I suggest you obtain a pair of Y fronts (preferably clean ones). Cut your finger in several places to increase sensitivity. Place said finger (or your whole arm in Rambo's case) through said escape hatch. Now trap tightly against another peice of material to simulate jods. Bounce around at 120bpm for 5 mintes to experience how serious the problem is on an XC course. It will seriously ruin your day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to concur on the 'no escape hatches' front
blush.gif
Keep it all well and truly in check
grin.gif

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
I am glad that I asked 'cos it's cheering me up reading all the daft comments on such a rainy, dull Friday and there are the obvious benefits of seeing men in their pants purely for "research purposes" you understand!!!

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*Squeeling now*

*Thud falls off chair in giggling heap*

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to concur on the 'no escape hatches' front
blush.gif
Keep it all well and truly in check
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant you tape it down or something
blush.gif
grin.gif

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Definitely down and to one side. Centre seams can chaf terribly. That said i have not experienced any problems since getting my WOW saddle which does not have those awkward bulges each side.

Light bulb moment......thats why it is so comnfortable.