Best way to quickly/easily mark rugs and headcollar?

phoebe.and.bonnie

Visit site
Hiya, Bonnie is off to retirement livery tomorrow. I had hoped to get to her loaner's today to pick up all her stuff and do a proper job of marking her clothes with her name, e.g. sowing a named loop of fabric on her headcollar, spray painting on her rugs but her loaner has now helpfully decided it's 'not convenient' for me to get her stuff today...

So I'm now going to have to rapidly mark everything when I go there in the morning, getting dropped there at about half 9 and the lorry will be there to pick her and her stuff up at 10!

The lady who runs the retirement livery suggested Sharpie on the inside of the rug/on her headcollar when I went to see it the other day, but as her headcollar and the inside of her rugs are black I'm not sure how successful that will be?! Also is Sharpie really that reliable?

Thanks xxx

phoebe.and.bonnie

Visit site
Thanks, but I haven't got the rugs to had to use t-shirt transfer and I'm not sure her loaner will appreciate me sloshing paint around her yard :p

I think I'm gonna try and find some of those key tag things, at least I can get those all marked up today then quickly put them on in the morning.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Another vote here for thick permanent marker pen if the inside of the rug is black I just write it on the outside in big letters.
I write the name and my post code on mine dog identity tags workk well ,On nylon head collars just write with the permanent marker on the head collar.
You will have to go over the writing again now and again but it will be a quick fix for now.

flyingfeet

Visit site
I didn't see the thread yesterday - but I bought a tyre marker pen from eBay (£3 delivered). This is a paint marking pen in white, so far worked well on rugs!

Brandy

Visit site
The tags can easily drop off or be removed. I usea silver pen - its like a security type permenant marker and shows up on most things.