Best wool half pads

not_with_it

Visit site
Which are the best ones to buy. I really like the stephens and mattes ones but they are a bit pricey. Also seen a cottage craft one that is quite cheap and wondered if they are any good. I dont mind paying out if its good quality and will last.
If anyone knows where to buy a cheap one it will be greatly appreciated.
laugh.gif

Thanks in advance

druid

Visit site
Bartl, hands down - I looked at Stephen's, Nuumed and Mattes and the Bartl is made from a much denser higher quality fleece than any of those 3. The small details like velcro loops and reinforcement in high wear areas brought it head and shoulders above the others, imo

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I think you get what you pay for & although expensive I have to agree with Elise & say 'Bartl' without a doubt. I've got a 'Fusion' one aswell which is extremely good. I was lucky & got both at very good prices, at full price I don't think I could afford them.

Tempi

Visit site
second the cottage craft, mine gets used everyday and for competing in and its only been washed once. Had it for about 3months now and its lovely, good value compared to some aswell.

druid

Visit site
I'm using one as the saddler suggested it to absorb some of the movement on a big striding horse - her saddle is adjusted to fit it underneath