Betfair Chase

Visit site
A Plus Tard is a very pretty horse isn't he! He was just cruising along!

I would say the ground beat Bristol De Mai, he likes it softer but I don't think he would have been beating A Plus Tard today regardless.

bonny

Visit site
A Plus Tard is a very pretty horse isn't he! He was just cruising along!

I would say the ground beat Bristol De Mai, he likes it softer but I don't think he would have been beating A Plus Tard today regardless.
I haven’t seen a single British horse yet this season that’s going to challenge the Irish in a big race ?

Visit site
I haven’t seen a single British horse yet this season that’s going to challenge the Irish in a big race ?

Frodon went over to Ireland and handed their backsides to them on a plate BUT he was piping fit, prepped for that one big run first time out. The rest were going for their fittening runs and are being aimed long term at the Gold Cup.

Bravemansgame should go on from today but it will be interesting to see him with a bigger and better field. He had a great but long season last season. I say this even though we did beat him with Ahoy Senor at Aintree.

I wouldn't rule out Shan Blue come the spring if he is ok after his fall at Wetherby.

But no. The good horses over here are few and far between compared to what Ireland is punting out.

bonny

Visit site
Frodon went over to Ireland and handed their backsides to them on a plate BUT he was piping fit, prepped for that one big run first time out. The rest were going for their fittening runs and are being aimed long term at the Gold Cup.

Bravemansgame should go on from today but it will be interesting to see him with a bigger and better field. He had a great but long season last season. I say this even though we did beat him with Ahoy Senor at Aintree.

I wouldn't rule out Shan Blue come the spring if he is ok after his fall at Wetherby.

But no. The good horses over here are few and far between compared to what Ireland is punting out.
Ours can look good until they meet the Irish and then it’s game over !

McGrools

Visit site
The betfair was embarrasing for the home team, we are no where near the class of A Plus Tard. I hope this isnt setting the tone for the rest of the season!

Visit site
Let's just hope it's all swings and roundabouts!

Paul Nichols dominated the jumping scene for a few years with Kauto Star, Denman, Neptune Collanges, Twist Magic, Master Minded and Big Bucks all in the same era. Then Henderson popped out Altior, Sprinter Sacre, Bouvoir D'air and Epitante. Then it was all about Willie Mullins now its De Bromhead. Let's just hope this is the Irish's turn on the roundabout and it will come back over here next year or the year after ...

McGrools

Visit site
Let's just hope it's all swings and roundabouts!

Paul Nichols dominated the jumping scene for a few years with Kauto Star, Denman, Neptune Collanges, Twist Magic, Master Minded and Big Bucks all in the same era. Then Henderson popped out Altior, Sprinter Sacre, Bouvoir D'air and Epitante. Then it was all about Willie Mullins now its De Bromhead. Let's just hope this is the Irish's turn on the roundabout and it will come back over here next year or the year after ...
I hope you are right but it looks a bit like we are missing a major trick right now xx

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I managed 6 NH winners on the ITV 7 today, pity I couldn't find the winner on the flat ! I was getting very excited with the thought of paying my vet bill and buying the husband a little tractor.

The Irish horse was very impressive and probably more impressive come March.

bonny

Visit site
I managed 6 NH winners on the ITV 7 today, pity I couldn't find the winner on the flat ! I was getting very excited with the thought of paying my vet bill and buying the husband a little tractor.

The Irish horse was very impressive and probably more impressive come March.
I feel for you going so close, still quite an achievement but I doubt that’s much consolation ?

McGrools

Visit site
Wow! AA 6 out of 7 excellent effort. So near yet so far. Was that luck or judgement? I try to do the itv7 most weeks but there my selections are a complete lottery x

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Wow! AA 6 out of 7 excellent effort. So near yet so far. Was that luck or judgement? I try to do the itv7 most weeks but there my selections are a complete lottery x

A bit of both, I had 5 out of 7 a couple of weeks ago too. I look at Timeform, yard form, especially horses travelling a good distance, as they won't send them miles for no good reason for instance. Horses with form at course and distance etc. I also have random choices, anything with the Du Mesnil prefix is picked as that stud is where my outstanding horse came from. Anything with Ted or Alice in their names too. All very stick a pin and hope ! I don't do the summer ITV7 as I don't follow the flat and racing 2/3 yr olds is wrong in my view, but I do follow NH and my husband is ever hopeful he will get a tractor !

I never bet, I can barely afford to keep my own horses, and I know a few people whose lives have been totally ruined by gambling. The only time I have ever put money on a horse was a few years ago when I had the incredible honour of judging best turned out in a chase at Ludlow. The horse was exceptionally good looking as well as best turned out so I had to have the very first and last bet of my life on him. £5.00 at 16/1 and he romped home. I have a lovely picture of him jumping the water in front of the stands. Ludlow racecourse is ancient and like stepping back in time. That particular day and race was a very special moment for me for many reasons and I will never forget it.

McGrools

Visit site
Ahh! Snap AA, i dont follow the flat but love the national hunt. That is a good tip re looking at distance travelled to the races. Esp if you are coming over from Ireland ??

i dont spend enough time looking through the list of runners, but maybe should do. It would just be fantastic to win that prize. Plus would get on the telly the week after!!

bonny

Visit site
Thought I would come back to this thread and our gloom about the British horses to say we maybe have a horse that can compete with the Irish. Jonbon, how good was he today ? I was seriously impressed.

Visit site
Jonbon is the brother of Douvan so he should be good, especially for the price he cost ???

We have Ahoy Senor running in the Novices Chase at Newbury tomorrow, a nice horse running at Newcastle along with a Handicap chaser and this baby bumper horse I am heading to Doncaster with just now. I'd like to think Ahoy Senor could give the Irish a run for their money next year.

bonny

Visit site
Jonbon is the brother of Douvan so he should be good, especially for the price he cost ???

We have Ahoy Senor running in the Novices Chase at Newbury tomorrow, a nice horse running at Newcastle along with a Handicap chaser and this baby bumper horse I am heading to Doncaster with just now. I'd like to think Ahoy Senor could give the Irish a run for their money next year.
He certainly cost a lot, imagine buying him for 140,000 and some probably thinking you were crazy, running him once in a point to point and then selling him for £570 000 ! Somebody knew what the were doing.

Gamebird

Visit site

I am at Newbury with some of the Irish horses. I'll look out for your lad.