Better night than last night

Pidge

Visit site
After last nights bad lesson I schooled Pidge for half an hour tonight my way and although leaning a bit he was much better. he was much happier and worked soft and round even when on a long rein and had gone back to mouthing the bit. So I'm a happier mummy tonight. Thanks for everyone's advice last night and today, I will talk again to instructor but if no change then I'll change instructor. Only other downside is he has a slightly sore mouth now, what is the best thing to put on it?

LauraBR

Visit site
Great to hear he was better!
grin.gif
Not sure about the lips... vaseline sounds a good idea though

L

lilym

glad it went well, i changed instructor a while back and both me and horse have come on heaps....

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks, its sore just on the inside of the corner of his mouth so wasn't sure what to put on it as he will taste it and not sure if some of the creams I've got are ok for him to eat? Does that make sense? I did think of using Aloe Vera but is Vaseline better? Never had this problem before so any advice greatly appreciated.
Didn't do too much riding tonight as was conscious of mouth being sore.

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
Vaseline is fine to use even if you put it slightly inside his mouth. It works and is cheap too! I used it on my horse when I got him because the bit he had at first rubbed his mouth a little. Soon cleared up and no problems since.