BEVA guidelines

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Sadly I had to have my horse pts on Monday following an injury where he split his pastern.
I don’t expect the insurance to payout as the year always swindle these things but I wondered if it matters the Vet didn’t pts altho he did X-ray and diagnose my preference was bullet and he didn’t have licence therefore I had local company come and do it.
I know I can ring Vets to ask but thought I’d ask here first as not sure I can actually speak about it yet on the phone!

be positive

Visit site
Sadly I had to have my horse pts on Monday following an injury where he split his pastern.
I don’t expect the insurance to payout as the year always swindle these things but I wondered if it matters the Vet didn’t pts altho he did X-ray and diagnose my preference was bullet and he didn’t have licence therefore I had local company come and do it.
I know I can ring Vets to ask but thought I’d ask here first as not sure I can actually speak about it yet on the phone!

I don't think the method will have a bearing on an insurance payout as long as the vet has agreed it is the best thing to do and if the horse meets the guidelines there is no reason to think they will not pay, it is not easy to speak to people after an tragic accident such as this, take care of yourself it does get better over time.

ozpoz

Visit site
I'm so sorry Dizzydancer - how shocking and distressing for you. Like be positive says, it doesn't sound as if there should be any problem with the insurance, especially if xrays were taken.

w1bbler

Visit site
The method of pts is irrelevant, but the vet would have to agree that the horse was suffering & needed immediate euthanasia otherwise you need to seek insurance company permission first.
Assuming your vet is happy to complete the paperwork saying horse met beva guidelines you should not have a problem
Sorry for your loss & good luck, hope the insurance company don't mark a hard time even harder