BHHS, good or bad

not_with_it

Visit site
Im interested to know what your experiences were like.

I only ask as in my limited contact with them I have always found them less than helpful.
I sent them an email a few months ago and never got a reply and when I rung them a week or so ago to ask what I needed to send for my passport I didnt get a friendly response.

Now, to top it all off I have been sent someone elses passport and was told to just pop it in the postbox ordinary mail which I am not happy doing.
I managed to contact the foals owner who has also been sent the wrong passport but its not even mine! I have been sent the right ownership paper but the wrong passport.
I have arranged to sent the passport directly to the owner recorded delivery but where the hell is mine? BHHS didnt even seem bothered.

I am well aware the mistakes happen but to sent so many passports to the wrong people just seems careless.

galaxy

Visit site
Not great...

Was sold horse with 2 passports. One BHHS, one Petlog. Comtacted BHHS to say what do I do, they told me to send both to them and they'd sort it out.

They told Petlog the horse had died, and then just handwrote new owners name and adress on their one... Not stamped or anything. Well I could have done that!

not_with_it

Visit site
Im glad its not just me.

The number of times I have been laughed at by them.....

maybe I should have waited for my passport to arrive before posting this.

sywell

Visit site
Im interested to know what your experiences were like.

I only ask as in my limited contact with them I have always found them less than helpful.
I sent them an email a few months ago and never got a reply and when I rung them a week or so ago to ask what I needed to send for my passport I didnt get a friendly response.

Now, to top it all off I have been sent someone elses passport and was told to just pop it in the postbox ordinary mail which I am not happy doing.
I managed to contact the foals owner who has also been sent the wrong passport but its not even mine! I have been sent the right ownership paper but the wrong passport.
I have arranged to sent the passport directly to the owner recorded delivery but where the hell is mine? BHHS didnt even seem bothered.

I am well aware the mistakes happen but to sent so many passports to the wrong people just seems careless.

I am sorry that this partbred passport was put in the wrong envelope , the person was asked to return the passport and as she seemed to want to know who was going to pay for the cost of the postage i said send it by ordinary mail to make the cost less and said we would put stamps in the returned passport to cover the cost. Thank you for the information that the person has decided to send the passport directly to the owner as I would have wondered where it had got to.

sywell

Visit site
Not great...

Was sold horse with 2 passports. One BHHS, one Petlog. Comtacted BHHS to say what do I do, they told me to send both to them and they'd sort it out.

They told Petlog the horse had died, and then just handwrote new owners name and adress on their one... Not stamped or anything. Well I could have done that!
I beleive this may have been a case where a horse went for vetting and as the vendor did not have a passport a new passport was applied for the branded horse. The vendor later found the horse passport and sent it to the new owner. These matters were reported to DEFRA. At no time was PET ID told by me that the horse had died. As most people are aware only the PIO who issued the passport in the first place can issue a replacement. The change of ownership would be reported to the NED with the next upload.

not_with_it

Visit site
I am sorry that this partbred passport was put in the wrong envelope , the person was asked to return the passport and as she seemed to want to know who was going to pay for the cost of the postage i said send it by ordinary mail to make the cost less and said we would put stamps in the returned passport to cover the cost. Thank you for the information that the person has decided to send the passport directly to the owner as I would have wondered where it had got to.

but still, where is my passport? I originally thought the other lady would have mine but she has got someone elses. Have you made any effort to find out who has whos passport and rectify the situation rather than waiting for everyone to contact you?

galaxy

Visit site
I beleive this may have been a case where a horse went for vetting and as the vendor did not have a passport a new passport was applied for the branded horse. The vendor later found the horse passport and sent it to the new owner. These matters were reported to DEFRA. At no time was PET ID told by me that the horse had died. As most people are aware only the PIO who issued the passport in the first place can issue a replacement. The change of ownership would be reported to the NED with the next upload.

We have no idea why the horse had 2 passports.... it wouldn't have been a vetting thing (horse had never been vetted befire we bought, it was a homebred). We never asked.

PET ID definitly were told the horse has died, it says deceased next to him when you look on NED.

not_with_it

Visit site
They sound a right shambles. What's the full name for this numpty here so I know to avoid them in the future!?

Its the british Hanoverian horse society.

Lets see how quickly it gets sorted, if not my horse will be having vaccinations with no passport. When I rung I wasnt even asked my name or horses name.