BHS Election & Rights of Members

ECB

Visit site
I keep wondering why the delay - especially now that the legal deadline has passed. Does BHS HQ think if they drag this out long enough we will tire and go away? We know the Charity Commission is involved, so how is HQ spinning this to them? I hear that in typical style this has turned into a mega consulting project with a huge price tag? Likely to result in a report confined to a shelf with recommendations that are never implemented. Members - our money is being wasted again.

pink unicorn

Visit site
2013 Minutes re AOA changes now available

How are these Legal - they were passed by 48 votes not 75% of membership

NOTE the board members in attendance!!!! of this meeting!!!!

you may notice that these minutes seem to have been created 3/5/2019 by awestwood!!!!!! - so much for a validated record

Attachments

• EGM Minutes 2013 Final.pdf
    107.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture bm.PNG
    Capture bm.PNG
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

pink unicorn

Visit site
2016 Minutes

again created 21/1/2019!!!

is the highlighted board member the same one asking a lot of questions on the members page????

1557040128085.png

Attachments

• GM Minutes 2016 Final.pdf
    100.4 KB · Views: 8

pink unicorn

Visit site
1557040443905.png

Are we to really believe that every single proxy vote was in favour !!!!!

176+54 +40 = 280

267 -1 = 268

what happened to the other 12 votes???

Not Very clear and transparent

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
View attachment 32193

Are we to really believe that every single proxy vote was in favour !!!!!

176+54 +40 = 280

267 -1 = 268

what happened to the other 12 votes???

Not Very clear and transparent

I take it that each of us that sent in a proxy vote against the resolution are to believe that we were the only one? My proxy vote went in with my OH's as joint gold members, are we now to believe that only one of us is allowed to vote? When we became joint members the only difference to individual membership was one lot of publications, we used to get two voting papers.

honetpot

Visit site
I could not understand how some for the proxy votes on the 5/1/19 were not allowed. Did anyone get told why, as I rember people were very keen for their vote to be counted, so it would be useful to know what was wrong and how this can be prevented in future?

Themis

Visit site
I could not understand how some for the proxy votes on the 5/1/19 were not allowed. Did anyone get told why, as I rember people were very keen for their vote to be counted, so it would be useful to know what was wrong and how this can be prevented in future?
Write to mr snook.

Themis

Visit site
More members need to write to chairman. They can ignore social media like this- although it is known they are paying staff to read this- but they don’t have to reply. Write to them & ask your question & state your concerns. And post your letters here!

pink unicorn

Visit site
There must of been to many no votes among them

pink unicorn

Visit site
Capture wc.PNG

Why does the wording in the information presented to the members prior to the 2016 changes, not match the resulting articles?????, the chair at the time of both the 2013 & 2016 changes needs to be brought to account!!!

onemoretime

Visit site
More members need to write to chairman. They can ignore social media like this- although it is known they are paying staff to read this- but they don’t have to reply. Write to them & ask your question & state your concerns. And post your letters here!
More waste of members money!!

Themis

Visit site
Please note: No presentation was given at the Scottish Members meeting! Does the BHS so completely lack integrity that it posts presentations that were NEVER GIVEN?

honetpot

Visit site
I have always suspected that the roadshows where just paying lip service to consultation. If the the contents of the presentation, were sent out in advance of the event perhaps if would give an oppotunity for members to think about its contents and give real feedback, positive and negative.
If you do not attend a meeting you are unlikely to know about their plans, and I can not think of anyone actually looking for it on the website unless they actually knew it was there. Its like anti advertising. It makes you wonder what British Horse is for and what contract has been signed because there is not a peep about anything of use in it.
So Themis, are you any the wiser?

Themis

Visit site
I have always suspected that the roadshows where just paying lip service to consultation. If the the contents of the presentation, were sent out in advance of the event perhaps if would give an oppotunity for members to think about its contents and give real feedback, positive and negative.
If you do not attend a meeting you are unlikely to know about their plans, and I can not think of anyone actually looking for it on the website unless they actually knew it was there. Its like anti advertising. It makes you wonder what British Horse is for and what contract has been signed because there is not a peep about anything of use in it.
So Themis, are you any the wiser?
Not quite sure what you mean Honetpot - I do agree that the meetings pay lip service to consultation / engagement. The meeting note shows that they weren't listening to what was being said. This was a golden opportunity to engage and listen. There was common ground identified but the opportunities for progress were left ignored. It confirms my view that the BHS is like a group of people standing in a line shaped into a circle. Each person scratching the back of the person in front of them serving ego needs and/or lining a pocket.

sywell

Visit site
I have enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks to all concerned. It is very similar to my responses from DEFRA when I ask how is the CED going to clean their data when 611000 horses on the database have no chip and DEFRA will not allow you look up a horse by the UELN