BHS email

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I’m a BHS gold member and have just received an email thanking me for registering as a platinum rider. I have no idea what that is about and certainly haven’t signed up for anything. Anyone else had the same? I don’t know whether I can ignore it or need to contact someone?

Shay

Visit site
I think its just a marketing email. I had one too last night. It seems to invite you to set up a just giving page to raise sponsorship money through hacking. (Horses - not computers...)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I got it and haven't been a member for a couple of years. I think I had a similar one before from them, where they emailed the whole directory instead of a group. I would say that today there will be some poor office worker having a nightmare day :(

Widgeon

Visit site
Oh good, I saw this last night and was worried my email had been hacked! Couldn't understand why a hacker would sign me up for something with the BHS though. Thanks for posting, glad it wasn't just me

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I’m a BHS gold member and have just received an email thanking me for registering as a platinum rider. I have no idea what that is about and certainly haven’t signed up for anything. Anyone else had the same? I don’t know whether I can ignore it or need to contact someone?

I have had the same email and similar thoughts about the fact that I didn't/couldn't remember signing up. I have just ignored it, thinking, 'well I knew they had my email address, so I don't suppose it matters'.

little_critter

Visit site
I've e-mailed BHS (using an e-mail address from their web page) asking if this is an error, a scam or their e-mail has been hacked.

3OldPonies

Visit site
Me too. Was going to reply, to tell them that I hadn't registered and could they get their records sorted, then I thought better! Glad I didn't now I know it's a scam.

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I got it too. It doesn't look like a scam, came from the same email address as all of their newsletters..

'info@mailing.bhs.org.uk' Although it is possible to show a different email to that what sent it, so could be.

All the links go to their website, I think its all to do with a fundraiser. See link

Last edited:

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Just got the vaguely apologetic oops email.

It was a jolly good way of raising awareness of their fundraising scheme I think.

I'm wondering if they should still be holding my details since I cancelled my membership last year ...

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm vaguely offended by the idea that hacking 70km is a "challenge". I did 50km last Wednesday alone, by the following day I would've blown their target out of the water. I do at least that twice a week.

I mean, I'm also concerned about their data management and all that, but mostly too busy wondering who the devil these schemes are aimed at!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just got the vaguely apologetic oops email.

It was a jolly good way of raising awareness of their fundraising scheme I think.

I'm wondering if they should still be holding my details since I cancelled my membership last year ...

Quite , especially since I remain a member and never get emails ,they really are a joke .