BHS Gold Membership

springer1021

Visit site
Does anyone know if the PL Insurance covers other people for riding your horse(s)?

I'm positive it used to say "anyone riding/handling your horse, with your permission", but I've just been having a flick through the latest handbook and it now says " blah blah damage to property out of your use, ownership or control of horses (s). Does ownership include other people riding them?

lucy007

Visit site
Just a quick Qu, I curently have PL ins from elsewhere, but am considering BHS Gold.

What activities are you NOT covered for under this insurance?

springer1021

Visit site
Just a quick Qu, I curently have PL ins from elsewhere, but am considering BHS Gold.

What activities are you NOT covered for under this insurance?

Significant or Unusual Exclusions or Limitations
This policy does not cover you for:
• bodily injury to members of your own family or household, or any employee whilst working for you
• loss of or damage to property belonging to you or in your care, custody or control; or in the care, custody or
control of any member of your family or person in your service
• liability arising out of or incidental to any profession, occupation or business
• punitive, exemplary or multiplied damages
• horse racing, point to point racing or steeplechasing other than:
- endurance riding
- racing which forms part of an equestrian event the primary purpose of which is not racing and where the
said race is not being run under the rules of any turf or similar authority
• use of a horse or horse drawn vehicle for hire or reward
• liability arising out of the ownership, possession or use of any mechanically propelled vehicle or any craft
designed to travel through the air, space or water (other than hand propelled watercraft or rescue craft)
• deliberate acts or omissions
Significant Conditions
This is a policy of last resort, that is to say that if at the time of any claim under this insurance there is

springer1021

Visit site
I'm having my doubts if the PL does actually cover you if you have a horse on part loan as one of the exclusions is "hire and reward".

springer1021

Visit site
Anyone having your horse on part loan is not covered if money is changing hands:mad:

The liability insurance gives you, the Gold Member, cover up to £10 million. Anyone is insured when riding, driving or handling any horse within your ownership or control as long as you give your consent and no money changes hands.

lucy007

Visit site
Thank you for this.

The main thing I am trying to find out is whether this type of policy covers for hunting, no mention of it as an exclusion, so one would assume this to be ok.

Please correct me if my assumption in incorrect.

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
Anyone having your horse on part loan is not covered if money is changing hands:mad:

The liability insurance gives you, the Gold Member, cover up to £10 million. Anyone is insured when riding, driving or handling any horse within your ownership or control as long as you give your consent and no money changes hands.

I have mine on livery, does this mean he wouldn't be insured if he did something while being handled by the yard staff? (eg broke free and bolted out of the yard into the village causing a car accident. Bizzare scenario I know, but I'm just thinking)

Kat

Visit site
I have mine on livery, does this mean he wouldn't be insured if he did something while being handled by the yard staff? (eg broke free and bolted out of the yard into the village causing a car accident. Bizzare scenario I know, but I'm just thinking)

It is PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE this means that in your scenario if the horse caused a car accident to a random member of the public having got loose from the yard and the car driver was injured if he sued you the BHS insurance would protect you. If he sued the yard staff then the BHS wouldn't help them as they are paid to do the job and should have their own insurance, whereas if your friend was handling him as a favour to you they would be helped the the BHS insurance.

Further if the driver sued you, the BHS would likely help you but seek to pass the claim on to the yard's insurance company.