BHS PTT: HELP!

SammyJ81

Visit site
Hi, I am going to be re-taking my PTT this December. I did the orginal one about two years ago and can't remember all of the lesson plans! I know there are lots, but can't seem to get hold of them. Does anyone know what they are?
Also any tips for the jumping lesson as I did the flat lesson last time. Thanks!!
confused.gif
<span style="color:purple"> </span>

ljubb

Visit site
The best advice you can have is keep everything you do safe. Due to litigation etc.... the exams are very much structured to minimise incidents so when working the group as a ride be fussy about gaps getting too big or too small, check girths etc. Make your lesson acurate and interesting and don't try something new that you are not 100% with.

The jump lessons are focusing on the basics i.e. riders balance and position and the horses Rhythm, Impulsion, Balance and Straightness.

Most of all be confident and have conviction in what you are saying, even when asked questions by the examiner.

Remember most examiners are real people and are there to pass you so dont give them a reason to fail you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on
smirk.gif

Tempi

Visit site
hiya, ive got all my lesson cards still from when i took mine about 4 years ago, i guess it must still be practically the same. il never use them again so if you want them pm me your address and il post them to you
smile.gif

katylee

Visit site
i passed my in march this year i can pm you the list if you want. for the jumping make sure the horses are going forward and the distance is correct! good luck

SammyJ81

Visit site
Hi!
Thanks for all your advice, the exam is on the 12th december so will let you know how I get on!

If anyone knows the lecturette topics or what the written part is like as well, let me know! I've done lots of revision, just panicing a bit I think! Want to make sure i've covered everything!!!

Thanks!
grin.gif

SammyJ81

Visit site
Can anyone give any advise on related distances and how to pace out jumps for correct strides (want to make sure I've been doing it BHS right!!!)

Thanks