BHS qualification to teach riding

CherryBunny

New User
Visit site
Hi, I wondered if anyone could tell me whether you need to have any academic qualifications (GCSEs/City and Guilds Functional Skills etc) in order to go on to study the BHS courses to enable you to become a riding instructor?

Thanks in advance.

Wishfilly

Visit site
You don't need any formal qualifications to do the BHS qualifications, but to get onto a college course/apprenticeship where you could get training for them, you might.

Of course, it's possible to do the exams without being on an official training scheme, but it's likely to cost you a bit in terms of training- and in terms of instructor supervision/sign offs for some of the care parts now.

teapot

Visit site
You don't need any formal qualifications to do the BHS qualifications, but to get onto a college course/apprenticeship where you could get training for them, you might.

Of course, it's possible to do the exams without being on an official training scheme, but it's likely to cost you a bit in terms of training- and in terms of instructor supervision/sign offs for some of the care parts now.

This. Not to mention DBS, safeguarding, first aid course costs.

OP, I deal with this job wise, so pm if you would like any help :)