BHS Stage 2 Care Questions Asked?

Kizzie_MC

New User
Visit site
Heya guys, I have my Stage 2 Care and Lunge in a week's time and I'm pretty nervous!
I've been studying my butt off, and I'm sure all the knowledge is there, but I find that I'm so much more likely to panic when someone asks me a question and I'm more 'on the spot' than just revising by myself from my books. I was wondering if anyone who's recently/previously sat their Stage 2 exam could give me any pointers on what sort of questions they'll ask/what they're expecting from you?

Skib

sites.google.com
If you have a parent, friend or partner, whom you are meeting during covid, hand them the book and ask them to shoot questions at you. Do it on the phone or through skype is you cant meet someone. Do this every day so you get used to being questioned. If the whole book is too much to start with, do it chapter by chapter. Or pick the section you are most nervous about. Lectures at Academic conferences are usually followed by questions from the audience and my OH used to give me practice.
Having to answer questions will show you which bits you need to revise most carefully. And you will be less worried.
I also remember that some questions may have more than one possible answer - In this case be prepared to mention the alternatives and the pros and cons.

Trouper

Visit site
Sometimes it helps to flip the mental switch when you are faced with questions in person rather than a written exam. Imagine the question has been asked by a pony mad young girl because you are more experienced and she wants to learn from you and you are keen to give her as much information as possible. If you can do this, it just helps to remove the intimidation of "the examiner" and puts you in "instructor" mode which helps with the recall of all the information you need.

Kizzie_MC

New User
Visit site
Sometimes it helps to flip the mental switch when you are faced with questions in person rather than a written exam. Imagine the question has been asked by a pony mad young girl because you are more experienced and she wants to learn from you and you are keen to give her as much information as possible. If you can do this, it just helps to remove the intimidation of "the examiner" and puts you in "instructor" mode which helps with the recall of all the information you need.

Thank you that's a really good to look at it, I've never thought of that, I think I'd definitely be less nervous imagining it as that situation since I'm used to teaching pony mad younger kids on the odd occasion.

teapot

Visit site
Get someone to grill you, preferably with some yard experience behind them.

Make sure you have an example to back up every answer though - so say for the breastplate fit, you could be 'well it currently fits while horse is stood still but I'd want more room here -points to bit of tack- if the horse was jumping/doing fast work'. It's more of a practical higher level answer, and shows you actually have some experience, not learnt it all during lockdown.

Last edited: