big and hairy horses

hollyjoe

Visit site
hello has enyone got any pictures of big heavy horses havent seen any in ages.thanks
smile.gif

Prudence

Visit site
Oh I do love him!! L, I have a friend who has just bought a Dales foal (filly), she has a couple of geldings and is obsessed with them - she wants to start breeding them - do you do AI with you lad? Her main prob is that she's in Cornwall and most decent Dales breeders seem to ooop North...
crazy.gif
Any ideas?

peapod

Visit site
Thank you!

What Dales does your friend have? Do you know their full names at all?

Afraid we don't do AI, we are based in Lincolnshire, so not as far North as some!

To be honest I only know of one stallion that offers AI - the problem is there are so few stallions around, and, as you say, they are all up North, mostly on the Dales!

Prudence

Visit site
I haven't a clue what studs they are from - she is really excited about this filly - it will be arriving at weaning! Will find out though.

pottamus

Visit site
Wow - lands that is one gorg horse there...I have to say I am rapidly falling in love with the Dales breed since being on this forum...they are special.
I love all hairy horses big and small!

sojeph

Visit site
I was all TB's and arabs up until I worked for a guy that had show cobs and that was it - converted. Now the more hair the better!!
grin.gif

I've never clipped Ellie. She copes fine with the heat .

Theresa_F

Visit site
Yes this is my OH's beloved Cairo. Mr C is on a few web pages and has also featured on the front page of scottish and northern equestrian and model horse magazine.

Contrary to people views, he is not big, just under 16.3 but I am only 4'11.

To date I have yet to met anyone doing SJ and XC on a Clydie - in his younger days he was successful at local level - not fast but boy can he turn, never stops and nearly always clear.