Big Breakthrough at Eden Valley Hunter Trials! We got a frilly!!

Javabb94

Visit site
Ahhh can't praise my superstar horsey enough!

Java - the horse who got eliminated at fence one of a BE and who 2 weeks ago got eliminated at fence 2, got round the hunter trial only 1 second over the optimum time and just a silly 20 pens as he napped 15 metres ish away from the jump (given as a refusal)

If we hadn't had that we would have been second out of 50 starters!
Could not believe how he took on every fence - he felt a different horse

Maybe it was taking off the breastplate, or changing his heavier XC boots to brushing boots..... Or his speed clip!

Who knows ?!?? But whatever it was worked!

We also did the 80cm pairs (was quite technical!) pretty similar to the BE80. I was quite scared as same start fence that he was eliminated at. Well he set off very fast over one and practically caught up with our pair over fence 2. Some of the jumps were paired with the 90cm and some were from the Be90. He stormed round - and we flew over the finish line for 5th!

It wasn't as dark as pics make out - it's my camera's poor quality!

a3eafe02610e91f381c48eb8c22d768e_zps3f4e8872.jpg

My lovely rosette
4feb5b1ad1620b7899fcaa4c4b4d2548_zps0f87385a.jpg

5f6a9eb66573df7e818bb65bc7c5fa05_zps4d9e56b7.jpg

My only jumping pics are my bought and paid for pro pics - if someone can tell me whether I can post these that would be great :)

Can't praise my horse enough - there is an event horse in there somewhere!

I may end up with 2 to event next year :) very exciting! Also exciting is that I'm allowed back on my Abigail on the 30th!!! If vet gives go ahead. We will beat the navicular and turn her back to an eventer :)

My next report will be my Mary King SJ Lesson! Super excited for that aswell

More detailed report will be on my blog (link in sig) with the pictures I bought as I don't think I can put them on here?

Sorry for all exclamation marks - still over the moon :)

Lolo

Visit site
Brilliant! He looks like he's loving that too, his little ears are mega keen :D Well done, and I really hope Abbie makes a solid comeback too- not sure she has much choice in the face of your determination, best possible hands for her.

tiramisu

Visit site
Well done!! I didn't make it on Sunday due to jeep issues :( but went to the last one and did the 80, I thought it was a fab course, although I thought fence 3 and the log on the bank were pretty meaty considering the height of the rest!

Next year's looking good for you :)

Btw your blog looks great! Really professional!

horseygin

Visit site
Hi, can you tell me where the advert was for this hunter trial or who ran it? we will be looking to do some in this area and I didnt know they ran ht across eden valley course? thanks

Javabb94

Visit site
Well done, what a great result!

Delighted for you. Very well done, all your work coming together

Thanks :) some people said why bother enter, but I won't get anywhere without trying!

So lovely to hear your work is paying off! Keep it up =) Well done!

Brilliant! He looks like he's loving that too, his little ears are mega keen :D Well done, and I really hope Abbie makes a solid comeback too- not sure she has much choice in the face of your determination, best possible hands for her.

Haha thanks - Abbie has no choice she is eventing no matter what :) got my BE membership money saved up already! Too talented to not try and get her back doing what she is good at

Well done!! I didn't make it on Sunday due to jeep issues :( but went to the last one and did the 80, I thought it was a fab course, although I thought fence 3 and the log on the bank were pretty meaty considering the height of the rest!

Next year's looking good for you :)

Btw your blog looks great! Really professional!

Yes fence 3 was pretty meaty - I'm surprised he jumped it, it was in an arena event I did and he stopped about 10 times! Shame you couldn't get there - the log was again meaty on the bank - also the double of chairs was changed to 1 chair then immediate left turn to hanging log. Thankful about the blog - just a nice way of documenting Abbie's progress :)

Really well done you must be so pleased!

Well done - chasing your demons (that BE80 fence) is always a great feeling!

Yes I have got him over that fence!! Even when schooling he wouldn't jump it - it's the plainest jump there is!

Hi, can you tell me where the advert was for this hunter trial or who ran it? we will be looking to do some in this area and I didnt know they ran ht across eden valley course? thanks

Horseygin, it was SLI Services who regularly run events at Nord Vue where the eden valley course is - https://www.facebook.com/groups/486576588068747/?fref=ts

I would imagine if you do manage to run some new hunter trials in the area, they would be very well supported.

As pootleperkin says :) it was advertised for quite a while I think on there