Big dent in car!

pottamus

Visit site
A friends car has a big dent in it where a horse kicked it!
frown.gif
We were hoping it would be a simple job, but having got quotes, he is looking at several hundred pounds...so an insurance job really. The person who's horse kicked it says they are insured but what we don't understand is...does the person need to inform their horse insurance (the kicker) and would it be my friends car insurance that they inform???
So the car insurance claim off the horse insurance??? If that makes sense?
confused.gif

Rambo

Visit site
The car owner should claim off the horse owners policy which covers third party liability for accidents such as this
smile.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Submit your claim to your insurance company with the details of the horse owner & horse. They will contact the horse owner for details of their insurance so they can recover the cost. You shouldn't have to do anything, it's what you pay your insurance for & hopefully it's what the horse owner has Third Party Liability for also.

Good Luck

vicm2509

Visit site
Get the details from the horse owner of her insurance company and give all the details to the car owners insurance, if possible get a witness to say the horse owner has admitted liability (just incase she later decides it wasnt her fault). The car owners insurance will claim from the horse owners insurance.

ginniebee

Visit site
My friend and i were watching her hubby set off hunting, as the horses came out of the field this ladies horse kicked my friends car and put a huge dent in the door, she claimed off the ladies horse insurance, i had to fill in a witness statement form and it was settled very quickly. Hope yours works out for you.