Big news (also in H&H!) *bounce*

tigers_eye

Visit site
Some of you may have spotted in H&H today a massive lifetime achievement of mine :D, a half page with photo for our efforts in Arville!!! Hurrah! HHO report here: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=547456

What the piece also mentions is that we are MOVING! It is rather daunting, but we have been really struggling financially since the financial crisis started as it severely curtailed my husband's work. And then we got offered this place to run in France..... so we didn't wait to be asked twice, in fact I haven't even seen it! Stefan went to see it the couple of days before Arville, and we're moving down end of this month :eek::)!

There isn't a proper website yet, but I've created a temporary one to give an idea of the place, and will hopefully build a bigger, better one once down there and settled in. So if you'd like a sneaky peak here you go: http://manoir-de-caumont.weebly.com/

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Just amazing news!!:D:D The place looks brilliant.Would love to come and stay one day! What a brilliant opportunity.
Must get my H&H tomorrow!

JCWHITE

Visit site
Hi and congratulations on your latest success.
I am in Aquitaine too!!
Best of luck with your new venture, sounds idyllic.

Halfstep

Visit site
Very good luck, fantastic. Despite living slap bang in the midst of one of the horsiest areas in England, I rarely get H&H earlier than Saturday, but I look forward to reading your write up!

Nicnac

Visit site
Congratulations on both counts. The lorry's packed, the horses are in - we are on our way :p Liking the idea of sitting on la terrasse drinking my apero! At least you'll get some sun down there

Cazzah

Visit site
Wow.....and......wow!!!

Will be picking up H&H tomorrow - look forward to the write up! :)

The new place looks amazing!!! fun times ahead :D :D

tigers_eye

Visit site
I am really looking forward to it, we're being given a very free rein with regards the direction the business goes in, it will be a fairly big culture shock having staff and other people around all the time, but I'd like to think I'm adjustable! William will be slowly brought back up, and we'll target Pau CCI**** at the end of the year, it is less than 100km away and would give us a nice bit of PR if we could put in a decent result :). I am of course sad to leave behind the friends and clients we have here, but realistically a chance like this was never going to come along in Belgium, and every time I've been competing in France I've loved it, so the choice wasn't hard! It's also a big deal for Stefan, it's the first time he's seen a viable alternative to the pretty soul-destroying work he does, and he's a new man!

siennamum

Visit site
How wonderful, very best of luck. You will be living the dream!! Shall put you on our list of people to visit when we are in SW France next year!!

humblepie

Visit site
Haven't read H & H in detail yet but will look out for the write up - well done and congrats on that.

Place in France looks superb - all the best with your move.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Dogs welcome as long as they get on with other dogs. After meeting Sarah-Jane's fantastic greyhounds a couple of years ago we have considered adopting a rescue one from Spain, but it would have been tricky considering how close we are to motorways here. We are hoping to be able to remedy that once there! There are already a couple of dogs on site.

Looking forward to meeting the french crew of HHOers!

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
OH WOW! Congratulations! That is wonderful news! The new place looks & sounds fantastic! Eagerly awaiting my copy of this weeks H&H!
Will you be running the whole centre? So the B&B and everything or just the horse side of it? I hope your husband enjoys his new work.

I completely missed your fantastic Arville report :eek: so will go and read it now!

j1ffy

Visit site
Wow, the new place looks amazing! Will you be running a full-on horse holiday business or taking clients with their own horses? I'd love to come (along with the rest of HHO ;))

Lyssatra

Visit site
Congratulations - Fantastic result & news!
Have Arville on my list of "to visit" equine events for next year - am really not far away and looks class!

Best of luck with the move to France, place looks & sounds amazing!

digger2

Visit site
I am really looking forward to it,

It's also a big deal for Stefan, it's the first time he's seen a viable alternative to the pretty soul-destroying work he does, and he's a new man!

Hugh congratulations on both result and the move, sounds like you're both ready for a new start, and how quick you're off!!

hope the packing goes well :) good luck

NR99

Visit site
Wowzers how exciting, *bounces* too! I wish you and Stefan all the best with the move, I'm sure you will make a great success of this venture. have fun!

tigers_eye

Visit site
We are trying to enjoy it, honest, but have to be out of our house by tomorrow, and Stefan conveniently :rolleyes: got a bit of work in Germany which started last monday, oh and small matter of his daughter's wedding in sweden next weekend!:rolleyes: Can't wait to meet/see some of you there though!