Big teats on a mare

Henmen

Visit site
I noticed yesterday that mare teats look bigger than the others mares on the yard, more experianced person going to have a look tomorrow to check, but they are definatly bigger
crazy.gif

I very much doubt she is in foal (though very very very very slim chance as they had young colt foals, though i dont know what age they can start mating???), and to my knowlege she has never had a foal.
Theres no heat in them as far as i can tell, and there not leaking anything!!
If other person concern then i will call the vet out tomorrow, but what do you guys think???
confused.gif
confused.gif

Madam_max

Visit site
My mares were like this then they did start leaking, she was having a phantom pregnancy. Vet said it's very common. I wouldn't worry too much. The only time to worry if is one appears to be bigger than the other.

Henmen

Visit site
TBH i dont know PF!! Ive never paid much attention to them!! Just noticed yesterday that they seemed large, so i asked and Alison showed me her mares, and they are about the same size as the mare that foaled!!
I am 99.9999999% certain she hasnt has a foal, she is only 4!!

amage

Visit site
with regard to the colt foals they generally can't mate that young but there are rare instances. we had a 4yr old stallion in the yard a few years ago that had covered as a yearling...it wasn't intentional he was turned out with them as the owners thought he hadn't matured yet. it is very rare tho

MillionDollar

Visit site
My best friends stallion had a foal with his dam!!! ewwwwww! lol.
He was 8 months old, jumped 2 post and rail fences covered his mother and 11 months later Amber was born she was an ugly looking thing, nice palomino colour though. So he was not only her brother but also her father! yuk! lol.
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
I wouldn't be too sure that she hasn't had a foal. When I bought Cloud 10 years ago, she was only 4 years old and she had already had a foal.

Certainly sounds like your mare has foaled at some time.