Big Thanks re 'How Much?'

Helenabbey

Visit site
Just wanna say thanks to all who replied to my how much post earlier. I just put a deposit on my new horse, Star!
I wil be picking him up hopefully on Thursday when I have the money (due to not expecting to see anything I liked and hubby buying new sauna, I am borrowing from my brother and dad!)

Also as he is papered, I fancy doing some local shows next year when he is 4. Does my tack have to be brown (he is bay) and do I have to have a special show saddle if I want to do M&M or would a not too forward cut GP be ok?

monica123

Visit site
awww....THATS GREAT NEWS!!!! good luck with him!
laugh.gif

sure you will have many happy times together!

sorona

Visit site
Brown tack is considered to be more correct and a WH/show saddle too but saying that, my daugther shows in a relatively straight cut, black, event saddle and he is a registered NF. I think it depends how seriously you intend on taking the showing, I would love to have seperate tack for our boy to show in but as his black tack in in very good contiion and a good fit then it doesnt warrant me buying another complete set of tack as she mostly does SJ and XC with him but does attend some shows, mainly doing WH but has done very well in the tack he has.
I think if I wqas having to purchase new tack for a new horse, then i would buy a working hunter saddle in brown and a hunter bridle too as it would never be wrong!

Kermie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I just put a deposit on my new horse, Star!
Does my tack have to be brown (he is bay) and do I have to have a special show saddle if I want to do M&M or would a not too forward cut GP be ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done on your new purchase - will need to see pics now!
wink.gif

For showing at local level, it's not as important, but saddles are pricey so if there is a chance you will show at affiliated level then it is worth getting a WH or show saddle (I think WHs look better on cobs than show saddles though).

Colour doesn't matter in M&M classes nowadays - plenty of people showing at HOYS/Olympia in black tack, so go with what suits your pony best.
smirk.gif

Helenabbey

Visit site
Thank you for the replies, I will go with brown tack rather than black, I'm not too sure how seriously I would take the showing, depends on whether we are any good at it
grin.gif
Will try to find a relatively straight cut saddle though he will be ridden in an old synthetic for the winter so it's not urgent.