Biggest breakthrough so far with the Ginger Beastie??

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
So, we've cracked the bucking and plunging, he doesn't bolt on the lunge any more, or wriggle out of his headcollar and feck off with his tail over his back like Champion the Wonder Horse (apologies if you're too young to remember) and the rushing at fences is very much reduced. He will also stand still under saddle, which is nothing short of a miracle!
There was also a time when he had to be anchored to the ground by Fabian for anyone to get on, and now stands quietly at the mounting block for me to mount. HOWEVER, biggest breakthrough was this morning. I lunged him for a little while to get the few remaining bucks out of his system but reeeeeally could NOT be bothered to go all the way back to the stables to mount. SOOO, very bravely grabbed a chunk of mane... put foot in stirrup and......... managed to get on entirely unassisted!!! OK, so he walked off, BUT he did wait until my bottom was firmly in the saddle, so I'm very pleased with this other little development in the taming of the Ginger Beastie saga!
smile.gif

Very self-indulgent. So sorry
grin.gif
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
RIGHT, what will you be doing in 2yrs hence!! I have firmly made up my mind that YOU and ONLY YOU will do to help me out when B comes back into work!! Weezy doesn't know it yet, but she will be involved at a later date to help with our jumping.........

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
RIGHT, what will you be doing in 2yrs hence!!

[/ QUOTE ]
At this rate still looking for my blinking ticket!! Cheapest flights are via the US, but I haven't got a visa (Argie passport!) and there's a ridiculously long waiting period for them!!
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I have firmly made up my mind that YOU and ONLY YOU will do to help me out when B comes back into work!! Weezy doesn't know it yet, but she will be involved at a later date to help with our jumping.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Okeedokee
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
Do you need to have a visa if you are remaining in the airport? If you don't pass through customs I didn't think that you needed to even flash your passport - until of course you board your next plane.......

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Weezy doesn't know it yet, but she will be involved at a later date to help with our jumping.........

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOHOOO I am happy to do that! Howeer yo do know that B will end up having to be ridden ONLY by Spanish speakers
wink.gif
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Weezy doesn't know it yet, but she will be involved at a later date to help with our jumping.........

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOHOOO I am happy to do that! Howeer yo do know that B will end up having to be ridden ONLY by Spanish speakers
wink.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Si Senora Lamb - pinche mucho trabajo!! My spelling is ALL phonetic I'm affraid
blush.gif
and I'm not sure of the grammer either, but I'm sure vosotras/les/tu entender conforma?

S_N

Visit site
Now if I could hear you, I might have a chance, but I think you said something about less/least ('at least' maybe) intending................. WTF - I haven't a clue

S_N

Visit site
PMSL - at least one of us does then!! I picked up Mexican Spanish and very little repeatable, though I know I just did repeat some of it
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
In KY!