Biggest Cheer for my vet!!

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
My vet came out today - with an assistant. He checked my gelding over and told me that his back injury is much improved and he's moving pretty well. He asked if we were riding him and I said yes and vet told me this was fine and that moderate hill work and plenty of long walks were the way to go (phew! that's what we've been doing - I hoped I hadn't been doing too much).

He also:

Floated Fat Boy's teeth - him, assistant and OH all got soaked in a freak rain shower that arrived midway through the process!

Vaccinated both horses against Equine flu and rhinopnuemonitis(?sp).

Completed all the paperwork for transferring the horses from Andalucia jurisdiction to Galicia.

And the bill?

120 euros!!! (oh, and a cup of English tea!)

I love you Javier!!
grin.gif

ETA: He also told OH that we could borrow his small lorry if we needed transport to collect any horses that we buy.

D

Donkeymad

Fantastic to hear someone writing in PRAISE of there vet.
grin.gif

mik

Visit site
My vet's great as well. Where are you in Andalucia then? Are you leaving us to go to Galicia!!!!

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
mik- I have left you already! In fact my horses had to go to Cadiz from Almeria to catch their lorry up here, thus making it probably the longest journey possible in Spain!

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
slinky - I wish I could post him to you! He's only a wee slip of a thing so I reckon we could get a good Airmail rate on him.
grin.gif

Here they all are - getting wet:

removing chewed up grass!
IMG_0329.jpg

open wide please!
IMG_0326.jpg