Birmingham..

rachelandcassie

Visit site
I've ended up living in the centre of Birmingham with my fella and I need to find somewhere to keep my horse.
I've found one place that seems do-able but just wanted to ask if anyone knew of and yards not too far out as i don't drive:/ tho I would be prepared to travel a fair way if the place is really good.
My horse is in Chester waiting for me to find a suitable place as soon as possible.
I've done all the local searches and internet searched like mad but wondered if anyone knew of anything as I know they won't all be listed.
Thanks everyone:) x

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
There will be loads of yards around the outskirts of Birmingham. Find yourself some tack shops & ask there. You'll find that saddlers know most of them & will be able to advise you where the good ones are.

Good Luck in your search
smile.gif

Chunky_Monkey

Visit site
Hi and welcome to Birmingham!

It really depends which side of Bham you are living - there is loads of lovely countryside around the outskirts of Bham, and loads of livery yards. If you're right in the centre of Bham, then Clent Hills is probably the most easily accessible place to keep your horse (straight along Hagley Road towards Kidderminster). There is one main tack shop in Clent, which is Jackie Roberts' - there is a big notice board at the shop with stacks of adverts on it.

Good luck!

Tracey x

rachelandcassie

Visit site
it was hole farm trekking who i called and they said they had vacancies and maybe a job for me:)but i also went to another one which the groom there told me about which was just over the motorway bridge,it seemed alright but the turnout wasn't too good and there wasn't anywhere to ride that didn't involve motorway bridges and very heavy traffic even in the early afternoon. if you know of any good one can you pm me?
smile.gif

rachelandcassie

Visit site
thanks for the info, will check out that tack shop when i can recommend anywhere in particular could you pm me those too? i'm also looking for a job.preferably with horses. not having much luck as i'm bhs trained but not yet done my exams, there doesn't seem to be much info around:/ i've searched the net and got all the papers but need to get more of a feel for the place

Chunky_Monkey

Visit site
Hi there - if you're looking around Hole Farm area, then you're really close to the Clent Hills - only a couple of miles.

Clent is so much nicer than round Hole Farm area (I used to hack out from Hole Farm, and it was common to have local yobs taking pot shots at the horses with air rifles - lovely area....NOT!). There's not really much hacking around that area at all, and turning out is pretty dodgy cos it's in one of the roughest areas of Bham....think stolen cars being dumped in your paddock and set on fire, kids getting pi**ed and cutting down the fencing.......blah blah.....lovely!

Anyway, there are loads of lovely yards and stacks of great hacking round Clent / Romsley, I'm sure you'll find somewhere perfect!

Tracey x

rachelandcassie

Visit site
eeek:/ i'm definitely not taking my girl there! thanks for the info and i'll start looking up those areas:)
may be a bit difficult as i can't drive (dodgy eyes) and i'm looking to put her in foal next year:)