Birthday Riding Boots?

BenFerman

New User
Visit site
Apologies in advance, I know nothing about horses however my wife did/does.
She used to ride and have her own horse 20 or so years ago (before we met).
Marriage, kids, work, moving areas etc and its all a distant memory however since our daughter started to ride, this has reignited her fond memories she had and I have booked her a lesson come her birthday in 2 weeks time.

Whilst the lesson is booked, she does not have any riding boots!
I have had a quick search on line and the Dublin Waterproof River Boots looks good however again I have no idea.
Max budget is £150, any suggestions please?

CMcC

Visit site
Strictly speaking the Dublin boots are not riding boots they are country boots. you can ride in country boots but not really designed for the job.

Long riding boots are notoriously difficult to get the right calf size and lengt, so without knowing your wife’s size/height might be difficult to buy.

You might want to consider buying short boots and matching half chaps. Look at Tuffa , they would probably come in within your budget. Alternatively give your wife the cash and let her go shopping - less romantic but maybe more practical.

Finally, what a lovely thing to do for your wife’s birthday. Have you been warned that you might come to regret this? Horses are very addictive and expensive with a wife and daughter both into riding you may never see them again ??

Pippity

Visit site
If this is, so far, just a one-off lesson, most riding schools have boots available to borrow or hire. I'd suggest contacting the school and asking. While it's a lovely idea, I'd hold off on shelling out £150 until you and your wife know for sure that she's definitely been bitten by the bug again.