Bit advice?

elkiebean

www.sendbarnsequestrian.co.uk
hi :)

So I have very awkward little pony who I'm struggling to find a bit I can jump in.

She flats in a straight bar snaffle but can't jump in it as no where near enough control.
Tried a gag but she hates the poll pressure... Kimblewick she backs off in canter and Pelham same thing.

Any ideas of what else I can try??? She's quite sensitive but when she gets exited it's very hard to stop and turn ect. (Been doing lots of schooling so she's getting better)

Thanks! :)

Tern

Visit site
Does she open her mouth to evade contact at all? What noseband has she got on?

And I'm not going to ask if you have had teeth checked because I imagine all that jazz is covered.

Grid work and lots of it may help.

Given that, you may try a grackle/drop/flash.

Then there is the waterford, dr bristol, hanging cheek.

Last edited:

elkiebean

She was in grackle but changed to flash so I can use standing martingale as she also gets fussy when running martingale comes into use.

Yup teeth ect all fine.

Tried Waterford but she fights it, seems to be happiest in a straight bar.
when hacking a Pelham is only just enough to stop her :-/

elkiebean

Has to have martingale.... Have tried without... Bad idea...
Will try straight bar hanging cheek... But if strong in Pelham not sure will be enough??
She can be quite a tank.... Pelham slows her down but makes her hollow so she jumps awkwardly... Same as kimblewick.

fawaz

Visit site
Has to have martingale.... Have tried without... Bad idea...
Will try straight bar hanging cheek... But if strong in Pelham not sure will be enough??
She can be quite a tank.... Pelham slows her down but makes her hollow so she jumps awkwardly... Same as kimblewick.

Maybe a Kyneton noseband with her straight bar snaffle? Will help keep her head under control which may help with steering and control.