bit banks

spooks

Visit site
has anyone used one? if so how do they work? are they local to you or do you get the bits posted to you etc, there doesnt seem to be anything like this in my area and i dont really want to have to fork out for bits that may or may not work so if i can find a bit bank locally it would be handy..if there isnt one i might have to start one! lol

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
They are very good indeed. Friends of mine had a major problem with their eventer & went to The Bit Bank at one of the equine shows. They chatted with a bitting expert for a while & he sorted out a bit for them. They had it on trial and it sorted out the problem, then they bought it. The bits they sell are expensive but at least the problem is sorted out & you don't end up with a box of only used once bits in your tack room which will later become Ebay Fodder.

Janette

Visit site
I used Gills Bit Bank, and they were great. I sent them some pics of the horse, for conformation etc, and chatted to the lady for a while to establish what was going on. then they sent me a bit and if it didn't work, I could send it back and they'd try something else. So theoretically, I could have as many bits as I wanted. However, the first bit was brilliant and I paid an extra £10 for the 'returns' and information/support. It worked for us.

http://www.gillsbitbank.co.uk/home.htm