Bit help please

sportsmansB

Visit site
So... My lovely mare and I did our first Eventing Ireland at the weekend
The parts I used to worry about - SJ & XC - she was fab, double clear & straight as an arrow & keen as mustard. Delighted with her
However despite trying for a long time now, I still haven't got the right bit for dressage...
She is complicated & super sensitive, tolerates only a cavesson or grackle noseband (hates flash or drop). Here are the conflicting issues:
- pretty strong & can be on forehand
- big tongue
- gets cut lips easily without gel guards (not allowed)
- sensitive to mouthpiece, prefers single /no joint
- goes happiest in fat eggbut single joint snaffle but I have trouble at events as she is super strong in warm up esp if xc fences about!
She SJ & XC in an old fashioned cheltenham gag which she hates less that all others tried...
Glass of my double clear prosecco to anyone who made it this far 😄

Tnavas

Visit site
Hanging cheek snaffle would be my suggestion, mouthpiece is held up in the mouth so minimal pressure on the tongue. The fixed sides will reduce the risk of chafing. Dressage legal

Shay

Visit site
Tnavas is right - although I would have said the NS Baucher. But that is basically a hanging cheek with attitude.

sportsmansB

Visit site
Weirdly I never thought of a hanging cheek as I thought it might pull her head down (even more...!)
But out again this weekend & need to try something- I can't be careering around another dressage warmup in her preferred fat eggbut with virtually no control AGAIN
Thanks guys 😄

Tnavas

Visit site
Weirdly I never thought of a hanging cheek as I thought it might pull her head down (even more...!)
But out again this weekend & need to try something- I can't be careering around another dressage warmup in her preferred fat eggbut with virtually no control AGAIN
Thanks guys ��

Absolutely no poll pressure on a hanging cheek