Bit of a strange one... but please bear with me...!

Tinsel Trouble

Grantham (please don't judge me! originally from S
Visit site
I am not sure if this is the best forum for this, but in light of the recent debacle on faulty breast implants (...) and my own investigations into this- what are the risks of bursting your new boobs whilst riding.

I have been considering implants for a while (to go from little gnat bits to something in proportion to my very broad shoulders... OH is a doctor and has gone through the medical side of things and outlined the risks and options, and quizzed me on the "psychological reasoning" behind it too....).

Do any of you have implants and how do they effect your riding? and most importantly do the point2 air jackets/ body protectors make you sore when they explode?

feel free to pm me if you would prefer not to air your plastic surgery tales in such a public manner!!!

Silent Knight

Visit site
Ive not got implants, but I am well endowed. TBH they get in the way of riding and I wish they were smaller. Sports bras reduce the bounce,but they can be uncomfortable.

Buying riding jackets is a nightmare Large chest and smaller waist = made to measure if you want properly fitting clothes.

I wouldn't consider any form of unneccesary surgery either making them bigger or smaller. I accept that knowone has the perfect body and I am greatful for my good health. I am also thankful that I am not worried sick about potential health problems like the thousands of women with pip inplants atm.

Tinsel Trouble

Visit site
Thanks for this, it's really interesting. I have to have my jackets made at the moment because my shoulders are so much broader than the average bear's and my waist is tiny, so that's not a problem- and i'm not looking at going Katie Price huge! Promise!

I'm just more interested in the pain of trotting, and jumping and especially falling! This is the only thing holding me back at the moment! well it was until the whole faulty implants debacle poked it's little head up!

ischa

Visit site
I am again not one with surgery but I have to agree with all the last poster has said , i wish I was smaller , not only do they get in the way but can become painful when trotting etc not one protective bra can 100% support them ,
I wouldn't have surgery inless something happened to me on the lines of cancer etc
Having big boobs is not fun and can actually restrict everyday activities .
Inless you are only wanting to go up a size or 2
I would bother , it's not fun !!

Silent Knight

Visit site
Sitting trot can be uncomfortable. Your dressage test will not look as graceful.
Dismounting and receiving a leg up too.

Back ache can be a problem and many riders tend to arc their back or lean back behind the movement to balance out

I would imagine a fall in an underwired bra could be bad. I know they have implications with punctured lungs etc. but I risk it for the extra support.

Oh yeah, and the bouncing gives you stretch marks

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I am again not one with surgery but I have to agree with all the last poster has said , i wish I was smaller , not only do they get in the way but can become painful when trotting etc not one protective bra can 100% support them ,
I wouldn't have surgery inless something happened to me on the lines of cancer etc
Having big boobs is not fun and can actually restrict everyday activities .
Inless you are only wanting to go up a size or 2
I would bother , it's not fun !!

Seconded. I've got a large bust and it is a nuisance for riding.

russianhorse

Visit site
Don't know about implications of riding but *hush, Im not allowed to mention this.....but (whispers) my mum had implants done and she majorly regrets it now*

highlandponygirl

Visit site
I am not sure if this is the best forum for this, but in light of the recent debacle on faulty breast implants (...) and my own investigations into this- what are the risks of bursting your new boobs whilst riding.

I have been considering implants for a while (to go from little gnat bits to something in proportion to my very broad shoulders... OH is a doctor and has gone through the medical side of things and outlined the risks and options, and quizzed me on the "psychological reasoning" behind it too....).

Do any of you have implants and how do they effect your riding? and most importantly do the point2 air jackets/ body protectors make you sore when they explode?

feel free to pm me if you would prefer not to air your plastic surgery tales in such a public manner!!!

I dont have inplants (if anything Id have half of them cut off) Im only 5,2ft and quite slim, but my boobs are rather large and look too big in comparison with the rest of my body. I often get asked if Iv had surgery and it get a bit annoying having to constantly say nooo! It is also quite difficult to find nice underwear having a bigger bust, all the pretty stuff is usually made in the smaller sizes and we have to wear granny bras (not really a good look when your 20 something lol)

Shantara

Visit site
I'm thankful for my stupidly tiny boobs :D
I used to hate it when I was dating...more than once a guy has blurted out "You should get a boob job"

Now I've given up on them and am concentrating on the horsies...I've realised they're a good thing!

POLLDARK

Visit site
Be grateful they are small, normal & large boobs are literally a pain in riding. Just think when you are older you won't get droopy ! Plus they is ALWAYS a risk in an anaesthetic however slight.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I dont have inplants (if anything Id have half of them cut off) Im only 5,2ft and quite slim, but my boobs are rather large and look too big in comparison with the rest of my body. I often get asked if Iv had surgery and it get a bit annoying having to constantly say nooo! It is also quite difficult to find nice underwear having a bigger bust, all the pretty stuff is usually made in the smaller sizes and we have to wear granny bras (not really a good look when your 20 something lol)

At risk of going OT, have you tried Bravissimo, I'm a recent convert. Pretty bras that support really well.

Tinsel Trouble

Visit site
And there's the difficulty of acquiring body protectors to fit the well endowed too...

That was the bit I was worried about. I tried on a point2 and I could move in it; I find standard back protectors hold my back and shoulders too rigid which leads to jarring, the muscles are turning fibrose and this keeps my osteopath in full employment

I was considering going up 2 cup sizes as I already wear the 3x La Senza bras (when I'm not riding) to provide proportion... it's just the thought of the air jacket exploding and bursting the air bags.... but I really don't want stretch marks, so i'm off to La Senza for more of their magic bras whilst they're still half price!....

Merrymoles

Visit site
I'm of the fairly well endowed clique and know I've put weight on over Christmas cos my sports bras (all bras in fact) are digging in. The only person I know really well who has had cosmetic surgery and rides had a reduction and has been grateful for it for the last 30 years - says she now no longer has chronic backache and red grooves on her shoulders where her straps dug in

nikCscott

Visit site
I also have a 'large rack' and besides the general clothing issues i don't really find a problem i wear a Shock Absorber bra and i'm not in any discomfort. When in my body protector they do look like 3rd and 4th chins though.

I have 3 riding friends with implants- none huge just nicely in proportion and as soon as the healing process is complete they are all thrilled and SUPER PERT - I would love to have the fat removed from mine and have implants in instead as mine are a little deflated post children and would love to wear strapless dresses again. :rolleyes:

Tinsel Trouble

Visit site
I have 3 riding friends with implants- none huge just nicely in proportion and as soon as the healing process is complete they are all thrilled and SUPER PERT

That's interesting! Do they hunt, jump and compete with their new boobs?! Do they have a problem with stretch marks?

I'm just fed up of not being able to pull off feminine clothes because of my body shape!

I only want to boost myself by 2 cup sizes to bring everything into proportion!

Luci07

Visit site
There is a massive difference between being huge on top and simply going up a couple of cup sizes. I am well endowed though not in a KP way and I like my boobs! They are not a problem, I have good sports bras thought my BP always causes great hilarity as I suddenly become flat chested. Never been a problem for me!

FaldingwoodLivery

Visit site
I have implants, haven't found any difference whatsoever with riding, clothes, body protectors etc. I used to be a 30a, went up to a 30e/32dd but when I'd just had baby 2 I was a whopping 30g! I'm a size 8/10 in clothes and don't have any problem getting jackets to fit. I think fake ones are completely different to real ones. I love mine and wouldnt be without them

Tammytoo

Visit site
I am rather - er - underendowed too. It's never bothered me, they're just glands after all! When I was preggers they went up about 4 cup sizes and I hated it. I found I couldn't reach across myself to pick things up, they "bounced" (most disconcerting) and got in the way all the time, bra straps cut into my shoulders etc.

Small is beautiful and it didn't put your husband off marrying you!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Honestly I am 34 G and would love to be smaller its a pain literally for doing sitting trot and I am for ever questing to find the best ever sports bra ,think through very carefully .

Dubsie

Visit site
These days there are some super bras which you can get to give added shape etc (think the Gavin and Stacey Christmas edition where Smithy is in M&S with Stacey buying bras!). I'm big boobed and I hate the inflexibility - they get in the way, they bounce about etc. Daughter is only 12 and already a B cup and moaning about them - has got to the stage she prefers to always walk about in as well as ride in her body protector to keep them hidden, she hates the thought of being any bigger!

I would take yourself off to a decent lingerie shop and get yourself properly fitted with something that is adequately padded in the right places to give you more of the look you want, then think again. If you spend a few ££ on the right bras it makes a HUGE (!) difference. I would also look at life coaching - you need to feel comfortable with who you are, then you will be more confident and then it really won't matter to you that you have small boobs. All in the attitude. Will be far cheaper as well as far safe IMO (given current news articles - few folk have had them in for more than 20-30 years for there to be incidents of issues with old age of implants)! A decent lingerie shop is also good for controlling the bounce of big boobs, the independents are IMO the best.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have spent £1000,s of pounds over the years in my quest for the perfect sports bra, and don't get me started on body protectors and I just dont understand why a rider who what to saddle them selves with boobs I would love to flat chested.

Spotsrock

Visit site
Does anyone else think u are out of proportion? I doubt it. I'd seriously think about the negative aspects before u go ahead. Katie price has an awful exaggerated position with an over arched back to counter hers.

crabbymare

Visit site
Could you look on ebay for some falsies and a bigger cup size bra, then pop the falsies on and ride and jump with boobs approximately the size you want to have? may seem odd but it would give you an idea of the amount of bounce you will get.

Spotsrock

Visit site
Does anyone else think u are out of proportion? I doubt it. I'd seriously think about the negative aspects before u go ahead. Katie price has an awful exaggerated position with an over arched back to counter hers.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Sportsrock, I think KP does that to bring them to her adoring fans' attention. Quite why anyone would find two balloons attached to an ugly orange stick anything of interest is a mystery to me. My two fried eggs ( 34B/C so I wouldn't call them THAT small myself) are what they are. Compared to some other body problems I have they are nothing to be bothered with. I have taught riders with large boobs and feel really sorry for them. My friend had to rest hers on flat surfaces to give her back a rest, plus had to wear a bra in bed too. I was once told that implants don't last forever anyway and have to be removed and new ones fitted in due course anyway. Expensive hobby in that case!

Tinsel Trouble

Visit site
Thanks for all of this... lots of useful ideas to think about!

The research I have done seems to show implants don't lurch about, (or really move at all) if they are inserted under the muscle wall so it is a little different than a natural breast, and I'm only considering going up two cup sizes- No KP look-a-likes going on here!

Hey SpotsRock- it is noticeable! People do comment on my broad shoulders and I know I shouldn't take any notice, but I can't carry off halter necks, strapless tops or strappy tops, necklines that scoop round, hug the neck or polo necks!

I stick to polo shirts and V-necks. That makes shopping for dresses and summer tops a total nightmare!

La senza have a 3x bigger gel bra that I wear all the time and that helps broaden the amount of clothes I can wear- I just think it could be easier if they were that size all the time!

Lots of great opinions being offered here though! Thanks- lots more to think about!!

TigerTail

Visit site
Clothes shopping will be no easier with implants. The majority of clothes are designed for models so long and skinny. They then just add extra inches to the general width and length and this makes them fit really poorly. Curvy girls have huge problems finding clothes, myself included, jeans especially cos iv got a small waist but muscular thighs so anything that fits my waist will not pull up over my knees!

Looks wise, theyre a pain in the arse - I hate it when im crossing a road and a car appears and i have to jog in a normal bra its agony. Then you get the people who just stare at your cleavage and never look up. Gets very old very quickly.

If im doing any activity faster than a walk I need a sports bra on, have to have one on to poo pick in too! Ever tried trotting with your arms held out to the sides? OOOOOWWWWWW
Wearing a sports bra so much makes my shoulders ache and has made my posture deteriorate in order to compensate.

The vast majority of people who have had em done now wish they hadnt and for a rider i think its a bit daft tbh.

The only thing i might consider if things get worse with gravity would be a labiaplasty :eek: