Bites!!!!!

_OC_

Visit site
Went to get my boy in last night and he was sweated up all over,(been very warm in the south east at the moment)his field mate as well,but, not so bad.He had two massive insect bites on his shoulder,being a cob all summer his had none my friends TB cross has been badly bitten.but,funnily this time not one bite- only the cob-I can only conclude that there is one monster of a flying insect out there-but what? Both horses were not rugged and I thought horse flies would not be around at present........just curious as to what triggered this and my cob won't bomb around his field without good reason!!!
confused.gif

airedale

Visit site
the flies are still about - and biting - I had a sheep with early fly strike last weekend and it's the middle of october - ridiculous - esp. since the (very expensive) sheep fly repellent is supposed to last 8 weeks and was only put on 5 weeks ago - ggrrrrrrrrrrr

could be just about anything - biting flies to horse flies - all are still about.

Binky44

Visit site
Sounds like a horse fly. They are really nasty things and can cause horses a lot of stress. You will often find them bombing up and down a field to get rid of them as their sting is quite nasty. Unfortunately, the horse fly can keep up with them around the field and they often find it difficult to get away from it, hence the sweating.