bits

JessPickle

Visit site
going from a snaffle to a kimblewick seems extreme in my opinion, what problems are you having with the snaffle?

Bossanova

Visit site
What type of snaffle is the horse in? What are the problems (ie why do you want a stronger bit?) and what material is the bit he's currently ridden in?

connemaras

www.thekarluksiberianhuskies.com
general snaffle (J.P.Loose Ring Snaffle) i want jus a tiny bit stronger as she has a soft mouth but shes jus a bit too strong for a snaffle, i told my anty and she said gag.....................
shocked.gif
and i said it would be way too strong, i dont want to be swapping bits round willy nilly..

Bossanova

Visit site
A hanging cheek snaffle may work if you just want a little more reaction. Or you could try a different mouthpiece- from a double jointed to single jointed or vice versa.

Kris R

New User
www.bitlessequitation.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
general snaffle (J.P.Loose Ring Snaffle) i want jus a tiny bit stronger as she has a soft mouth but shes jus a bit too strong for a snaffle, i told my anty and she said gag.....................
shocked.gif
and i said it would be way too strong, i dont want to be swapping bits round willy nilly..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes all horses have soft and delicate mouths and yet you want to use a stronger bit, this does not make sense. You say your horse is strong, when ? out hacking ? during schooling ? at a show ?