Bitting Advice

NiamhB

Visit site
I am looking to improve my mares contact.
currently she likes to be above the bit. not hold her head stuck in the air or anything but not where it should be, and at times we can do some consistent work.
Shes good in walk and trot, canter is where we tend to lose it, she can set against my hands in canter at the slightest attempt at contact in canter no matter how soft my hands are or how much a get her working form behind . she has had teeth , back and tack check recently and we take regular lesson with a great trainer and we have come along way, but i feel like maybe a change in bit could help us but i am not sure where to start as i realize some trail and error will be involved.
Currently she is ridden in a loose ring snaffle with a cooper lozenge i do not use a flash , after some good trot and walk work she will foam a normal amount nothing excessive , something she never did before we improved our connection.
She is not strong in the slightest if anything she can be lazy, She has quite a big tongue and a relatively low Platte

Any ideas on what bit could be good to try ?

Shay

Visit site
You have a great trainer - what do they say? Might she just need to build the muscles to carry herself correctly in canter?