Bl**dy big oaf

SSM

Visit site
So donkey gets a beautiful set of new shoes on Monday
smile.gif
By Monday night she obviously loves them so much that she has taken one of the front ones off
mad.gif
I have spent this morning going up and down an 8 acre field looking for it - with her trailing behind me the whole way - why can't she just show me where she took it off
mad.gif

Mini rant over

Now waiting for farrier to call me back with a slot!

SSM

Visit site
Her field is not very muddy at all, it's on a hill so I trailed up and down - too tight to buy a new one!!!!!!!!! This is her party trick - and it is not the farrier to blame - diferent farrier in the summer for one she had taken off and she took it straight off again
mad.gif
If she keeps them on for the first few days they stay on for 6 weeks no problem, I think she takes them off to admire them
grin.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Too late now, but might be worth trying over-reach boots after shoeing. Friend TB has to wear over-reach boots on all four feet (looks very silly) for 1st week after shoeing or he takes his shoes off too.

Pidge

Visit site
It will be where you least expect to find it - Pidge pulled shoe off on Thursday, got up early Friday to look for it with sister (only 1 1/2 acre field) no sign. Saturday morning even got a fork out to rake through the mud - no sign
frown.gif
Went poo picking last weekend, just over a week after he lost it and found it nail side up
shocked.gif
near to the water trough and not in any mud! Was soooooo relieved to find it
grin.gif

SSM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
tut tut - that's CB for you. Now if you had a TB.....especially an Irish one haa haa

[/ QUOTE ]

They would have manky feet that crumble the minute the shoe falls off and would go lame
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Ducks and runs for cover

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tut tut - that's CB for you. Now if you had a TB.....especially an Irish one haa haa

[/ QUOTE ]

They would have manky feet that crumble the minute the shoe falls off and would go lame
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Ducks and runs for cover

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Irish TB - you're thinking about those skinny english ones
tongue.gif

pagancluf

Visit site
Yes guys the skinny English ones dont like to carry metal on their hooves for more than 3 weeks!! It's too tiring.
But the follow you round the field, fantastic join-up, Monty Roberts would be proud of you!