Bl**dy Fireworks

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
They started last week for us. Got back from doing horse about 7.30pm and was just going in front door, when some prat let off a firework on the front lawn of the church opposite. Put dog in and went to go over to move youths (as I thought) on, as lawn is within 5m of a public pavement, so not a safe place to be letting fireworks off - IMO. It was the bloody vicar letting off the fireworks - Give me strenght!!!!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I've just been to my sisters for Mums birthday tea, and they had fireworks to let off tonight
blush.gif
They live in the countryside and have two dogs who are terrified - I really don't get it! I left before they let them off - made my excuses that I had to put horsie to bed.

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Fotunately my dog is ok with them - but I do think that fireworks should not go on sale to the public - and that they should only be big events, therefore minimising injury to humans and allowing animals owners notice so that they can do whatever is nec. to keep the animals calm.
However I am always shocked at some of the large events - Kingston Maurward College always have a huge event - 5 mins walk from the stables!!!!! Unreal !!!! Also Canford Park arena in Poole last night held the 2cr fm Big Bang - again a 5 min walk from a livery yard - and god knows how many other horses in the nearby vecinity!! Shocking I think!

Tangaroo

Visit site
I think it is awful too. Kingston Maurward sedate most of their horses as a precaution!! They have displays through the summer too. Cant do the horses much good to be sedated too often!!

Salcey

Visit site
We always used to find spent rockets in our field as it was surrounded by houses. Now the horses are kept out of the village its much better. IMO fireworks should only be sold to organised groups and only allowed on the 5th, not 2 weeks before AND 2 weeks after

debbielinder

Visit site
dont think theyve been as bad this year i am lucky as my horse doesnt bother while shes in her stable but she freaks when im out riding and they go off. the very first time i came off her i was hacking out and a firework went off, in the middle of the day whats the point in that! and she took off up the road bucking! that was 8 yrs ago now lol shes a bit better but this time of the years can be a real pain!

Capriole

Visit site
Some yobbos threw a firework out of a moving car at us once, mix of kids on ponies and adults on horses out on a hack